Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

I think the full set is available on YouTube. I watched the zookeeper episode recently. :)
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:56 am
Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 am
Though I did crash a Jeep once when I got a bit enthusiastic on a minor road through the Jungle.
You remind me of the 1970's kiddies show 'Mr Benn' - this really unassuming, ordinary looking bloke, going on these extraordinary adventures in life :lol:
Mr Benn or Mr Bean? I think you'll find that Mr Benn would have been a most excellent driver & explorer, you won't find him crashing. :)

By the way LeTiss that 'extraordinary adventure' is called a 'holiday', you should try it. It was Mexico not the moon.

No disrespect intended Peter, I'm just teasing LeTiss for gassing you :lol:
PDC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:48 pm
By the way LeTiss that 'extraordinary adventure' is called a 'holiday', you should try it. It was Mexico not the moon.

No disrespect intended Peter, I'm just teasing LeTiss for gassing you :lol:
:lol:

I did think the same, Thomas Cook isn't the only place you can book a holiday ;)
zweistein

Hey guys. After couple of months in Mexico I am reporting that I am still alive 😁

Going to Mexico was the best decision I made (but I made a lot bad decisions before that so this isn't big accomplishment, haha). I will stay for even longer. I trade US sports (NBA and NFL), so I don't need to sleep during day anymore. The weather is great, the food is amazing. People are generally not obsessed with money, the life feels easier and happier here. And the money go further here because everything is cheap...

Ask if you want to know anything about that topic
And I wish a lot of green color to everyone! 🤑
arbitrage16

Nice bro. Whereabouts are you in Mexico? Give us an idea of a day in the life.

Surfing and girls, details on these would also be appreciated :)
zweistein

I wake up at 10 am, go to gym and for some nice meal... then I spend my time with my girlfriend (which is mexican 😁), go to the beach or do some activities (a lot of activities around the sea, but I like the most just relaxing on the amazing beaches, they are one of the most beautiful in the world) or trips around the area with the people that I met here (mexico has rich history and over whole mexico there are organized trips where locals can take you, a lot of pyramids and ruins and other mayan history to see). I usually work from 7 pm to 1 am, this is the time when NBA games are palyed)

About the girls... If you are at least average with girls and you take care of yourself or have money, then you won't have problems finding one (or more, haha). They are very very lovely, they have different mindset than we are used to. It is very easy to fall in love here because of this...

My location in Mexico is Playa del Carmen (near Cancun). For mexican standards it is expensive city, but for London standars it is very cheap, it feels incredibly safe too... I was also in Campeche, Villahermosa, Puerto Vallarta, Chiapas ... and except Villahermosa I feel amazing and safe everywhere, every city have different things to offer... In Villahermosa I felt like walking money and I go out as soon as possible, haha
libor88

Hi

I am also planning to move to location where the weather is fine all over the year and the Mexico looks great. I would like to ask how difficult was to "reopen" BF account in Mexico ? What documents BF requires or are you using VPS server ? Thanks a lot
zweistein

With EU passport you can stay in Mexico for 6 months (180 days) , after that you need to go across the border and back for other 180 days and so on... If you have betfair available and verified in your current country, you will be fine because technically you are just a tourist in Mexico
Crazyskier

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:21 pm
Interesting question re the legalities of it - I probably wouldn't risk it in a place where I could end up being imprisoned or flogged.

In fairness, if It's flogging you are after, there are plenty of places in Birmingham that offer that.

Or so my local Conservative MP tells me.
I happen to know James Morris quite well, and he assures me that he hasn't let on to anyone! :lol:

CS
eightbo

zweistein look PMs
durs712

Going to Mexico was the best choice I made (yet I settled on a ton of terrible choices before that so this is anything but a major achievement, haha). I will remain for considerably more. I exchange US sports (NBA and NFL), so I don't have to rest during the day any longer. The climate is extraordinary, the nourishment is stunning.

I am additionally wanting to move to an area where the climate is fine everywhere throughout the year and Mexico looks extraordinary.
zweistein

Hello trading brothers. It is been few years now since my last post and I am interested in repeating digital nomad trader lifestyle. If someone is interested joining, please contact me (for all budgets), I am thinking to go to Brazil or Mexico (or other interesting country) soon, I don't have timeline yet

It would be amazing if we create similar minded community who live as digital nomads, do fun activities together, support each other, build discipline, visit gym, meet local girls, create unforgettable memories in this boring world of world while making money.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kai

zweistein wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:05 pm
It would be amazing if we create similar minded community who live as digital nomads, do fun activities together, support each other, build discipline, visit gym, meet local girls, create unforgettable memories in this boring world of world while making money.
That does sound amazing but I think people are too busy discussing politics in the countless politics threads to notice your post :)

Lovely to see a digital nomad though, if you've done more than turn trading into a boring job and aren't glued to the ladders all day I have nothing but respect for you 👍
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:35 pm
zweistein wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:05 pm
That does sound amazing but I think people are too busy discussing politics in the countless politics threads to notice your post :)
:D haha yeah sharing a job doesn't necessarily mean there's ANY other common ground. Even 30yrs ago I'd have thought the ' visit gym and build discipline' sounded like utter hell. I'm probably out of touch but I thought the Venn diagram of 'single no kids' +"free-wheeling free-spirit' + 'sports mad bread-head' was pretty small,

It sounds like you want the life of a quant, passive income and do whatever you want all day, with whoever you want. That can be anything from sex drugs and cars, to working in a refugee camp.

But if you think you can make it work then go for it, the memories you build in your early years are all you have when the last years arrive. You will be amazed how fast it goes from looking forward to looking back.

Be careful you don't turn those unforgettable memories with unbelievable local girls into unforgettable offspring though. You might not be able to leave :?
Kai

Heh, it's rather ironic, isn't it :)

Many traders meticulously comb through the markets in search of trading opportunities, yet they tend to miss the broader opportunities that trading as a whole presents.

Return to “General discussion”