Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Best thing to do when you're there is don't sell any drugs. ;)
BetScalper

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:51 am
Best thing to do when you're there is don't sell any drugs. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zweistein

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am
zweistein wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:43 am
If anyone is interested go to mexico (Cancun, Playa del Carmen) for a month or longer and is looking for another trader or digital nomad to share expenses with, please contact me. I am going there in september, and I am staying at least one month (I have one way ticket, lol).

If there will be interest I plan to organize this kind of working trips for traders in future. Organizing trips is my passion... Mexico is my third destination after Croatia and Serbia.
The city has been devastated by violent acts related to drug trafficking. In January this year there were 33 drug related murders. Cancún is above the national average in homicides. Which says allot considering Mexico has been voted the most dangerous country in the world.
Then thank God my visit is not drug related... I believe the tourists are safe there, the drug dealers fight amoung themselves, and most of their fights are happening in completely other part of Mexico. It is incredible tough luck if you find yourself in middle of their fight in Cancun area and nearby.

I will definitely report my view of safety there.
BetScalper

zweistein wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 am
zweistein wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:43 am
If anyone is interested go to mexico (Cancun, Playa del Carmen) for a month or longer and is looking for another trader or digital nomad to share expenses with, please contact me. I am going there in september, and I am staying at least one month (I have one way ticket, lol).

If there will be interest I plan to organize this kind of working trips for traders in future. Organizing trips is my passion... Mexico is my third destination after Croatia and Serbia.
The city has been devastated by violent acts related to drug trafficking. In January this year there were 33 drug related murders. Cancún is above the national average in homicides. Which says allot considering Mexico has been voted the most dangerous country in the world.
Then thank God my visit is not drug related... I believe the tourists are safe there, the drug dealers fight amoung themselves, and most of their fights are happening in completely other part of Mexico. It is incredible tough luck if you find yourself in middle of their fight in Cancun area and nearby.

I will definitely report my view of safety there.
Out of the 33 murders in Cancun during January 2018, 4 of them were holiday makers who were caught in the cross fire. 2 of the cartels were shooting at each other across a street with machine guns.
zweistein

@betscalper

Do you have data how many people died in London's terrorist attacks last year? Just to compare what difference is between cities regarding safety
BetScalper

zweistein wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:35 pm
@betscalper

Do you have data how many people died in London's terrorist attacks last year? Just to compare what difference is between cities regarding safety
To give you some comparison, between 2000 and 2017, 127 people were killed in the UK as a result of terrorism.

And whatever you do don't go on an excursion to Mexico city. Its the murder capital of the world and also the highest kidnapping city in the world of foreign nationals.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:00 pm
Mexico is my favourite 'exotic' place to trade from but they do have a severe drug problem which makes it feel a little uncomfortable. But I often hook up with some people that I know who are fluent and know the place inside out. But they recently moved to Europe so I'm a bit sort of stuffed at the moment. So a default is Cancun but it's very touristy. I like to live like a local.

I don't talk about my travels much as it sounds too 'snake oil bullshitty' but typically I'll escape the UK in the winter to sunnier pastures. It's something I always wanted to do; so bollocks to it, why not.

Curiously my wife isn't a good traveller and can't slum it when required so she has missed some of my best adventures. The kids are old enough to join me now so it's fun showing them what the real world is like.
You never fail to surprise me, Peter!

You don't strike me as the kind of guy that would fearlessly live like a local in Mexico :lol:
zweistein

I am now located in mexico almost a week and I am almost certain already that I will never come back to Europe. The mexican people are nicest people in the world, they are genuine and happy. The beaches and atmosphere is amazing. The food is great. Everything is cheap as fuck... Too bad Mexico has such a bad reputation. I don't know if this is true for central Mexico, but on Quintana Roo area I wasn't scared at all. And I walk with my laptop from office to apartment around midnight :)
arbitrage16

zweistein wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:46 pm
I am now located in mexico almost a week and I am almost certain already that I will never come back to Europe. The mexican people are nicest people in the world, they are genuine and happy. The beaches and atmosphere is amazing. The food is great. Everything is cheap as fuck... Too bad Mexico has such a bad reputation. I don't know if this is true for central Mexico, but on Quintana Roo area I wasn't scared at all. And I walk with my laptop from office to apartment around midnight :)
Sounds great man. Want to share some more about your trip? Would very much like to hear it, all the best
Derek27

Have a great time. I'd love to see some pictures of the town/beach?
ShaunWhite

zweistein wrote:
And I walk with my laptop from office to apartment around midnight :)
That does sound a bit like the guys who snipe winners at 1.01....Don't worry, it'll never go wrong. ;)

I'm not being a prophet of doom but complacency often precedes regret.
Kafkaesque

zweistein wrote:
Unless the women are ugly as f*** and the drinks taste like s***, then shut up while the rest of us have to look at fall drizzle outside :x

Nah, sounds wonderful. Do enjoy :P
ShaunWhite

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:59 pm
zweistein wrote:
The mexican people are nicest people in the world, they are genuine and happy.
Nah, sounds wonderful. Do enjoy :P
Yep, the world is full of kind welcoming people. It's just a shame they don't always get the same treatment when they come to do some work here.
Wouldn't it be great if they said "The British people are nicest people in the world", unlikely though init.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Yep, the world is full of kind welcoming people. It's just a shame they don't always get the same treatment when they come to do some work here.
Wouldn't it be great if they said "The British people are nicest people in the world", unlikely though init.
People who spend six months working here won't, but most of us bend over backwards to help tourists holidaying over here. I'd like to think they go home thinking we're nice. :)
Derek27

Fuck me!!!

Took my eyes of the market just to type that post, when back to the market - 20 tick profit! :D

Return to “General discussion”