Betfair Tourism

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

zweistein wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm
Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I actually create account just for this topic.

Is here any successful trader who also travel most the time while work? The job of being a full time trader is psychologically extremely hard and sometimes we wish we can just reset, clear mind... To be able to take a walk on a beach anytime is perfect for something like this.

I plan to travel on warm countries where obviously betfair is allowed.
I am looking for people with similar mindset that also want to experience life that way... Lets go meet new local girls, have fun while making money. This is what life is about, HAVING FUN! :P :twisted: :D

If you already have story on that topic, please share it...
Picking up local girls and trading doesn't necessarily mix.

I've told a story here before.....when I popped downstairs to the Pitcher&Piano for a quick pint, before embarking on a night of trading on the Australian Open. I got talking to this girl, and it was clear there was a home run for me. Unfortuntely, I had an open position on the tennis starting at midnight, so I turned her down. Only to find play was delayed due to rain. I went back downstairs to find her, but the opportunity had gone
iambic_pentameter

Perfect life right there, LeTIss:

Trade sports for a living - check
Live above a bar - check
Potential of meeting foxy ladies on daily basis - check

Fair play for going back to check the position though - that shows excellent discipline.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 pm
zweistein wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm
Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I actually create account just for this topic.

Is here any successful trader who also travel most the time while work? The job of being a full time trader is psychologically extremely hard and sometimes we wish we can just reset, clear mind... To be able to take a walk on a beach anytime is perfect for something like this.

I plan to travel on warm countries where obviously betfair is allowed.
I am looking for people with similar mindset that also want to experience life that way... Lets go meet new local girls, have fun while making money. This is what life is about, HAVING FUN! :P :twisted: :D

If you already have story on that topic, please share it...
Picking up local girls and trading doesn't necessarily mix.

I've told a story here before.....when I popped downstairs to the Pitcher&Piano for a quick pint, before embarking on a night of trading on the Australian Open. I got talking to this girl, and it was clear there was a home run for me. Unfortuntely, I had an open position on the tennis starting at midnight, so I turned her down. Only to find play was delayed due to rain. I went back downstairs to find her, but the opportunity had gone
I'd have forgotten all about my open trades!
zweistein

Yeah... You should always close positions and log off on any devices if you decide to party. I also learned it hard way :)

But picking up girls... You can also do it during daytime, not just in bars/clubs... You can meet them in a mall, on the street, on a beach,...
Krystian

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm
It's technically possible to trade anywhere with VPS but you need to double check if it's legal in whatever country you're visiting.

If is not legal what is the difference, who will check you what you do on your computer ???
Derek27

Krystian wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
It's technically possible to trade anywhere with VPS but you need to double check if it's legal in whatever country you're visiting.

If is not legal what is the difference, who will check you what you do on your computer ???
Hackers, law enforcement agencies. I'm just saying be aware if it's legal or not legal but just unlikely you'll get caught, and what the consequences are.

There was once a British teacher who was given a death penalty for calling the class doll Muhammad!
Krystian

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm
Krystian wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Hackers, law enforcement agencies. I'm just saying be aware if it's legal or not legal but just unlikely you'll get caught, and what the consequences are.

There was once a British teacher who was given a death penalty for calling the class doll Muhammad!
Mate if you using VPN - VPS your internet supplier can't see who are you connected with he see only VPS - VPN IP. I'm from Poland where BetFair is illegal but people still trading :)
ShaunWhite

Krystian wrote:
That's not a great default position.
Plenty of people are checking what you do on your computer all the time, from the relatively harmless like google, to the darker powers where there's state controlled internet access. Then there's people running the hotel or public wifi, theft and installation of key loggers by those oh so friendly girls or their accomplices, or they'll just tip off the corrupt police after you've bragged or they've over heard what you do, and then split the bribe to keep you out of nick. Let's face it, they're not after you, it's what you have that they want to feed their families. If you can't get a girl here, why else is that beautiful young girl talking to you there? It's because you have 'rich mug' tattooed on your forehead and next week it'll be a different one. Poverty makes you smart, money makes you stupid.

I'm not saying don't have a bet because you'll be arrested, you do what you want. But be mindful that plenty of people can see your device, especially in those parts of the world where the incentive is greatest and the technical savvy is underestimated. Holidays are holidays, business is business and that's best done in a secure environment imo. A pavement cafe in Cannes might be ok, but a pavement cafe in Chiang Mai is very different proposition.
Derek27

Krystian wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm
Krystian wrote:

Mate if you using VPN - VPS your internet supplier can't see who are you connected with he see only VPS - VPN IP. I'm from Poland where BetFair is illegal but people still trading :)
It's not the internet provider but authorities in the country that you're holidaying in that's relevant. Poland may be safe but there are other countries around the world where you need to be more careful.
mobius

Just Spotted This -THE FORCES OF DARKNESS.............. are out to get you!!!!!
Governments are soooo 20thCentury,
Rejoice in the Enlightened Dictatorships of the 21st!

Apple has been accused of accidentally removing apps from the App Store in a crackdown on gambling content.

Several developers complained via social media that their apps, which they said had nothing to do with gambling, were taken down.

The affected apps included a Polish magazine, a gif-sharing service and a platform for sending clips of Xbox games to friends.

The BBC has contacted Apple for comment.

A message sent to affected developers said that Apple was removing gambling-related apps made by individuals in an effort to "reduce fraudulent activity... and comply with government requests to address illegal online gambling activity".

Recently, Norway succeeded in getting Apple to ban all gambling apps from its App Store in the country, although the recent removals appear to have been effected worldwide.
BBC.CO.UK
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45133271

Ho Hum :ugeek:
zweistein

If anyone is interested go to Cancun for a month or two, you have really cheap flights from Glasgow (thomas cook airlines) 🏄💃🤑
BetScalper

Forget Thailand.

Vietnam is perfect for everything although if you gamble and win or lose 50 million dong then you can get a 7 year jail term.

So, just use VPS.

Girls are lovely. :)

But mind you don't bump into GG.
Dublin_Flyer

https://www.bettingexpert.com/betfair/regulation

Didn't think Indonesia would be on the permitted list, although I'm not sure if the Exchange is permitted or just Sportscrook. I definitely remember watching the Melbourne Cup last year in a taxi on the way to the airport in Bali to come home. I also remember watching Aidan O'Brien beat the group 1 record from an apartment in Manila on the same holiday, but having checked my BF account history it must have been Mobdro app I was watching the channels on and not the BF app live video cos I have no activity those weeks.

From the list of "legal" betfair countries, there's a whole host of countries to chose from that have cheaper cost of living, better weather, and a prettier gene pool than UK/Ire for a lot of our forum! Just a matter of getting the right spot with a very reliable internet provider/backup internet in case the sh1t hits the fan.
Plus a fan too, can you imagine trading in 40+ degrees like a lot of Europe recently, being stuck on the wrong end of a swing, and your air-con breaks down? :shock:
Kafkaesque

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 pm
Didn't think Indonesia would be on the permitted list, although I'm not sure if the Exchange is permitted or just Sportscrook.
Deliberate? Or a Freudian slip, Betfair style? :lol:
eightbo

I don't class myself as successful yet but yes, we have similar interests ;)

For me, progress in health/fitness, dating/relationships, social skills, etc. are just as important as progress in trading, which I see as a means to:
1) adopt a successful mindset/approach for whatever you do in life
2) fund experiences to live a fulfilling and happy life

改善

Return to “General discussion”