Multi display

A place to discuss anything.
mikeeyb

Just a technical query. How do you know if a computer can support more than one monitor, what questions should l ask. What should l look for when purchasing a computer to trade Betfair.
spreadbetting

Most new computers will have more than enough power to run BA, as for multiple monitors they're dealt with by the graphics card so you'd basically check how many screens it can handle at one time as even though they may have a few outputs like hdmi vga etc it doesn't mean they can use them all at the same time, but even my old laptop can handle another monitor. They'll be loads of dedicated videos on youtube that can probably explain what you need to look for depending on how many screens you want.
weemac

I bought a 21 inch TV for £100 or so and just leave it plugged into the VGA socket of my fairly basic Lenovo laptop. Works just fine.
mikeeyb

Thanks for the reply. I am using a laptop and one extra screen when l am trading at home. I would like 3 so l can display more charts and ideally a fourth for live(LOL) pictures.
Is a display port different from a graphics card or is it the same thing?

Thanks, mikeeyb
ShaunWhite

DisplayPort is a type of connection like vga hdmi etc. The benefit is that you can run multiple devices in a daisy chain from it although all the monitors in the chain have to be DP enabled to do it.

You might struggle to run lots of monitors from a laptop because the choices of video cards are limited. The other way you could go would be to have a larger 4k display or an ultra wide monitor. It's pixel real estate you need rather than just sheer number of screens.

Return to “General discussion”