Still fuming with this!

A place to discuss anything.
SeaHorseRacing

napshnap wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 am
If this greenish thing is a part of dark horse than it is a winner.
My question this is... why is the picture quality when zooming in that poor? Surely it should be crisp when it determines a winning price of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I’ve already written to RaceTech. Maybe they have better quality photos.
brimson25

Must be gutting that.
jimibt

Naffman wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:00 am
jimibt wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:44 am
so it was a deadheat, big deal, move on!!!
ever thought about doing inspirational talks?? - lol
He's too busy making his millions on practice mode
shouldn't be TOO harsh and won't make further comment on that topic, it'll only turn into a banter-fest otherwise!! :lol:

re the OP, unfortunately, i think that the definition of a deadheat may well be measured in terms of *currently* understood terms (a nose, a length etc), until the tech is so refined as to be measuring reliably down to millimetre accuracy, i'm afraid this type of result will probably always be deemed a dead heat.

i do understand your frustration and although I wouldn't be quite as un empathetic as a certain individual, i think you'll have to reconcile the fact that on this occassion the current rules were applied as currently legislated for. i guess you did at least bag a winner, even if slightly diluted.
stueytrader

The whole photo finish issue for close finishes is very odd I must agree.

There isn't a real white line, they simply 'draw' it of course. And you are right that for very close finishes it's rather crucial how that is drawn. Not sure exactly what the answer is though. I do agree that if there's large money resting on these photo finishes (and that's the nature of racing!) then they should at least have on-course images that are actually decent quality.
Dallas

Sprint finishes in cycling are much faster than horse racing but you get much sharper images and can see the winner even when its as close as 100th of a second
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:37 am
Sprint finishes in cycling are much faster than horse racing but you get much sharper images and can see the winner even when its as close as 100th of a second
Thanks for that Dallas.
mobius

SHR - you'll just have to wait for the next one - see you then! :)
Baron Bolt jockey Noble added: "I would rather share it than take second."

FROM bbc.co.uk
Analysis
Cornelius Lysaght, BBC horse racing correspondent

What a dramatic staging of Scotland's premier flat race this turned out to be - not least because the judge Di Clark was forced to deliberate for really quite a long time - seven minutes - before declaring the dead heat for the trophy for the first time in its 214-year history.

The rules in such circumstances state that all bets are settled at 'half-stake' which will have saved the bookies a lot because many thousands have been placed on Son Of Rest in recent days.
M
:lol:
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:49 am
Dallas wrote:
Thanks for that Dallas.
That finish looked like about 1/4".
At about 30mph?

Times by 1.5 to get feet/sec (45 feet/s) ...some of that school maths was usesful.

So 1/4" in about 0.005s. A dead heat within the expected margin for error.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:14 am
If anyone can find me the owner or trainers address I’ll write to them. I’ll even email them.

Got a phone number i call them and tell them to stop being a snowflake for the sake of racing integrity.

Can’t find anything online

No serious. Anyone can find it, I will keep it updated here on any response.

How much is an appeal? If it’s lees than 1k I’ll tel the trainer or owner I pay it myself and I know I’ll never get my missing winnings. Just for the satisfaction.
Good luck !!
J A Stack

Thomastown Castle, Golden , Co Tipperary,
Tel: 00353 062 54129 | Mob: 00353 0866810662
Web: https://stackracing.live/
SeaHorseRacing

Halliday wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:23 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
If anyone can find me the owner or trainers address I’ll write to them. I’ll even email them.

Got a phone number i call them and tell them to stop being a snowflake for the sake of racing integrity.

How much is an appeal? If it’s lees than 1k I’ll tel the trainer or owner I pay it myself and I know I’ll never get my missing winnings. Just for the satisfaction.
Good luck !!
J A Stack

Thomastown Castle, Golden , Co Tipperary,
Tel: 00353 062 54129 | Mob: 00353 0866810662
Web: https://stackracing.live/
Where did you find that? Nice one buddy. Hopefully email service available on website if not I call them.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:

And links to trainers website and twitter

https://twitter.com/stack_racing?lang=en

http://stackracing.ie/

https://twitter.com/fozzystack?lang=en
Halliday

lots of sites with Irish trainers info..found it on this one ... tho link to Stack website didnt work,but added link that works on previous post,with his twitter feeds.

http://www.hri-ras.ie/information-centr ... /trainers/

P.S there is an email address on his website

Email: [email protected]
stueytrader

Dallas wrote:
Isn't the guy with the fatter wheels cheating here? :lol:
CallumPerry

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:51 pm
Dallas wrote:
Isn't the guy with the fatter wheels cheating here? :lol:
I thought the same thing :lol:
Derek27

It's just the tyres that are fatter, I'm sure the wheels will be of a defined size. :)

Return to “General discussion”