Still fuming with this!

A place to discuss anything.
SeaHorseRacing

I am sure many of you saw the race.

Yesterday the Ayr Gold Cup was a dead heat.

As you can tell by my winge I won half of what I should of on Son Of Rest.

Let’s just say it cost me from winning 5 digits to 4.

If anyone out there zooms into the picture of Baron The Bolt will see this

Who determines the thickness of the winning line on a photo finish??
D13392C0-61F4-42DA-9D5E-F102375D8519.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SeaHorseRacing on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeaHorseRacing

https://mobile.twitter.com/RacingPost/s ... 5112317954

Have smart phone? Zoom in yourself.

I know I sound like a child.. however. If you look closer you can also see the line is actually on top of Son Of Rests nose. It doesn’t touch it. It must be cutting of another few more pixels.

Racing in 2018. Just unacceptable that our my mobile technology is better than one a judge of horse racing has.
Naffman

I actually thought the same thing when I saw it this morning, really surprised none of the connections have picked up on this
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/RacingPost/s ... 5112317954

Have smart phone? Zoom in yourself.

I know I sound like a child.. however. If you look closer you can also see the line is actually on top of Son Of Rests nose. It doesn’t touch it. It must be cutting of another few more pixels.

Racing in 2018. Just unacceptable that our my mobile technology is better than one a judge of horse racing has.
No complaints about the result from any of the connections or journalists, and a fair result. Similar finish in the Nunthope had many saying it should have been a dead heat between Alpha Dephini and Mabs Cross.But Alpha Delphini got the race .

All in favour of technology but when we’re talikng about a result being decided by a pixel or less.... hmm

Great race with two genuine horses giving there all ... I’m pretty sure if you hadn’t had a financial interest in one if the horses, you wouldn’t be banging in about it .
SeaHorseRacing

If you watch the replay you can see it does look like Son Of Rest head bobs down to win.

I understand... but what’s the difference between a pixel and a nose... if a horse wins by a nose. In terms that is still very marginal.

I just feel we need better technology.

Tbh... in fairness I think BHA should give the bookies a kick up the arse and make them pay both on a dead heat at the odds taken.

A dead heat is just as rare as a 100/1 winner I’m sure long term it doesn’t effect their profits.

Additionally I think we need some clarity because how thick is the winning line on a photo? Is it the same at every race course.

The thicker the line the more chance of a dead heat?

Same thing happened to me last year in breeders cup. Their photo finish line is at the end of the mirror ( probably 6 inches long) but the horse I back was in front on the line.

What proof do we have that the line is correct. In these situations you move it forward or backwards by just a millimetre you have a different winner.
foxwood

Thing is though, as I understand it, winning "distance" is not actually a distance but a crude translation of the time between horses eg winning by 1 second is reported as winning by 5 lengths.

In that race if the two horses went through the line less than 10ms apart (a nose "distance" for that race) it counts as a dead heat although physically it could be over 6" between them at finish speeds.

Explained a bit here https://www.britishhorseracing.com/pres ... lculation/ when they introduced the "nose" distance 10 years ago as the technology got better.

Not sure where the judges really do call the line though - maybe a bit subjective despite technology.
Kafkaesque

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 pm
The thicker the line the more chance of a dead heat?
I know next to nothing about horse racing, so this is as much to satisfy my curiousity as anything else, but isn't the line in a photo finish only for illustration purposes only? The winning horse is the one that touches upon the part of the line furthest to the left (as we're looking at it) first, ie. the thickness has no influence? I'm reading your posts as though it's reaching to point to the far right of the line that counts; which may be true but would make little sense from a layman logical perspective.
MemphisFlash

so it was a deadheat, big deal, move on!!!
jimibt

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:44 am
ever thought about doing inspirational talks?? - lol
SeaHorseRacing

MemphisFlash wrote:
It’s a topic for debate. As it even effects runners your trading.
napshnap

If this greenish thing is a part of dark horse than it is a winner.
Naffman

jimibt wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
ever thought about doing inspirational talks?? - lol
He's too busy making his millions on practice mode
Naffman

I can see the headline now - betangel traders reverse ayr gold cup result ;)
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:02 am
I can see the headline now - betangel traders reverse ayr gold cup result ;)
I wish! Honestly feel like a spoilt brat. But feel so hard done by.

To pick the winner of 25 runner handicap is tough as it is.

I don’t even think it’s debatable, it clearly won. Even if they appeal and win the bookies won’t pay it. Happens already this year with a horse and they didn’t pay.

I know the winner is determined by time and lengths but horse can be described beaten a nose, short head a head and a neck.

What’s wrong with a short nose?
SeaHorseRacing

If anyone can find me the owner or trainers address I’ll write to them. I’ll even email them.

Got a phone number i call them and tell them to stop being a snowflake for the sake of racing integrity.

Can’t find anything online

:lol:

No serious. Anyone can find it, I will keep it updated here on any response.

How much is an appeal? If it’s lees than 1k I’ll tel the trainer or owner I pay it myself and I know I’ll never get my missing winnings. Just for the satisfaction.

Return to “General discussion”