Serpentine Swim

A place to discuss anything.
CallumPerry

My next door neighbour swam from southern Spain to Morocco (about 10 miles) and he's 60, so no excuse for being an old fart.

I'd love to do the channel in years time. Yeah jimibt, waiting to be ambushed by sarcasm soon :lol:
jimibt

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:43 pm
My next door neighbour swam from southern Spain to Morocco (about 10 miles) and he's 60, so no excuse for being an old fart.

I'd love to do the channel in years time. Yeah jimibt, waiting to be ambushed by sarcasm soon :lol:
callum - keep it up. i am that old fart... until late last year, i was doing 3 * 1 mile swims a week and then got involved in a small startup. i used to do these swims at 7:00am. now i find i end up going to bed too late to think about 7:00am swimming but at the same time, know that i could be there now, rather than lamenting on my past good habits -sigh
Derek27

StellaBot wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:20 pm
I think you are in wrong forum
That's rich coming from you. ;)
Derek27

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:13 pm
I have my own multigym and last year I enjoyed going out for an early or late afternoon run every day all summer. Since getting into Australian racing though, it's a real struggle to find the time for it - I might just go back to planning the days schedule the night before.

I honestly don't understand how anyone with a full-time job can find the time to train for a marathon!
What kind of distances were you covering?
3 miles at most, with a sharp 150-foot climb.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:52 pm
StellaBot wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:20 pm
I think you are in wrong forum
That's rich coming from you. ;)
please, as i alluded to earlier in my post, let's not let this thread descend into a mire. this is a genuiunely decent threrad detailing aspirations for personal fitness and growth...
Derek27

I was just joking, hence the ;) .
Euler

I used to be a half decent long-distance runner, but I can't do it any more as my legs are a bit shot. So I go mountain biking now and a little bit of swimming. I prefer the varied terrain of mountain biking and having to vary my style between stamina and effort. I have a reputation for crashing horrifically at least once a year. But I generally enjoy keeping fit, I used to play a lot of sport when younger, but have been a lot fitter. It just depends what I have on my plate.
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 pm
I used to be a half decent long-distance runner, but I can't do it any more as my legs are a bit shot.
i think there's an *R* in short :D

nite all
Derek27

He got shot in the leg while holidaying in Mexico. :lol:
StellaBot

That why slow time Derek?
CallumPerry

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 pm
I used to be a half decent long-distance runner, but I can't do it any more as my legs are a bit shot. So I go mountain biking now and a little bit of swimming. I prefer the varied terrain of mountain biking and having to vary my style between stamina and effort. I have a reputation for crashing horrifically at least once a year. But I generally enjoy keeping fit, I used to play a lot of sport when younger, but have been a lot fitter. It just depends what I have on my plate.
Still got some skills judging by this week's vid ;) just rewatched it, 4 headers and a half volley off the post directly into the camera person is quality :lol: Might still get a contract with Southampton. Actually, I'll keep a lid on the cheek until after this weekend. Wolves vs Southampton. I feel like I'm massively outnumbered so either outcome I'll be getting virtually abused.
ruthlessimon

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm
Might still get a contract with Southampton
yeah the half volley was good

.. but the finishing .. was kinda Saintsesque

Knee over the ball Peter, knee over the ball!! :D Get back in practice mode!!

Return to “General discussion”