Dutching Question

A place to discuss anything.
wolfgang1983

Hi, When I place a bet in dutching mode.

Lets I dutch - back 7 horses with back stake of $25 and profit if either win $2

If one of the horses win's that I select do i get my total stake back plus $2.00

So $27.00 Back?
CallumPerry

Yes it is £2 profit so you will be £2 better off which means the stake would return to your account too (you'd go down £25 when placing the bet and be up £27 when it closes)
wolfgang1983

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:07 am
Yes it is £2 profit so you will be £2 better off which means the stake would return to your account too (you'd go down £25 when placing the bet and be up £27 when it closes)
I book making I placed 3 bets for horses not to win. One of the 3 horses came third but did not get my total stake back or profit. Not sure what went wrong?

So I will try dutching instead.
CallumPerry

So you made 3 Lay bets with an expected profit of £2 if non of the horses won, is that correct? 1 came third, where did the other 2 horses come? Would help if you showed your log.
wolfgang1983

The other two not in win or place.
CallumPerry

Check out your history, were the bets definitely placed? Were they voided at any stage? Are they unsettled? If not, I can't think of anything else.
wolfgang1983

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 am
Check out your history, were the bets definitely placed? Were they voided at any stage? Are they unsettled? If not, I can't think of anything else.
Thanks for your info I am now only in practice mode for dutching. Will see how I go for next few month in greyhounds. When I switch to real mode If I make $10 a day would be happy even $5 just to build up balance will be starting off with $100 - $200 balance in next month or so.
Dallas

wolfgang1983 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:12 am
CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 am
Thanks for your info I am now only in practice mode for dutching. Will see how I go for next few month in greyhounds. When I switch to real mode If I make $10 a day would be happy even $5 just to build up balance will be starting off with $100 - $200 balance in next month or so.
Be careful only using practice mode, BF may restrict your account if your not placing any live bets on the exchange
ShaunWhite

wolfgang1983 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:45 am

If one of the horses win's that I select do i get my total stake back plus $2.00

So $27.00 Back?
Yes, and no.....
You don't get your total stake back plus $2, you get the stake you put on the winning horse back plus the amount you won on that horse. Commission is then applied to your total profit on the market as a whole, in your case 10c is deducted, 5% of $2.

'Dutching' is just a fancy name for placing multiple bets on the same event, usually but not always, for an equal payoff if any of them win. The $2 equal payoff on each you are seeing is due to BA calculating all of the necessary stake amounts for you in order for that to happen.

The way the individual bets are settled is exactly the same as a regular back bet. When you're bookmaking, the same is true, each lay bet is settled independently and then commission is applied to any profit on the whole market.
wolfgang1983

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm
wolfgang1983 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:45 am

So $27.00 Back?
Yes, and no.....
You don't get your total stake back plus $2, you get the stake you put on the winning horse back plus the amount you won on that horse. Commission is then applied to your total profit on the market as a whole, in your case 10c is deducted, 5% of $2.

'Dutching' is just a fancy name for placing multiple bets on the same event, usually but not always, for an equal payoff if any of them win. The $2 equal payoff on each you are seeing is due to BA calculating all of the necessary stake amounts for you in order for that to happen.

The way the individual bets are settled is exactly the same as a regular back bet. When you're bookmaking, the same is true, each lay bet is settled independently and then commission is applied to any profit on the whole market.
OK thanks Now I will not do dutching or booking if I do not get my total stake back with predicted profit.
ShaunWhite

You DO get the total amount you staked, PLUS the profit.

I was explaining how that $27 was calculated.

Let's say one of the horses you dutched was 26.0....and BA calculated the stake on that horse will be $1. You get $27 back even though the other $24 in bets on other horses lost.

Return to “General discussion”