For in-running traders - what advantages have you found in latest version of BA?

A place to discuss anything.
arbitrage16

I flit between BA and another program for in-running trading. Watching Peter's excellent videos on how customisable BA is, I am seriously thinking of ditching my other program, but before I do, wanted to consult with any other in-running horse traders regarding the specific advantages you have found in using this update.
JTEDL

Not new in the latest version as it was already there, but the 'inplay trader' tool is unique to BA I think, don't any other software has anything like it (correct me if wrong!)
jimibt

this is a difficult question to answer in a generic way as i think different strategies and competencies require a different approach.

however, based on how i use BA (100% automation), I'd say that there are 3 main things that i find invaluable:

1. Has been there a while, but Signals are a mainstay for me, when used appropriately, can act as both a placeholder and a filter
2. Stored Values - also been in the mix for a few months now. Adds to the Signals mix to allow for some pretty complex logic
3. Addition of VWAP as a Stored Value. This (to me at least) is a very useful step forward and in both PRE and IP racing, allows for comparison between LTP and VWAP to determine if the price is drifting or steaming, even if not *visually* obvious.

As i said, it really depends on your modus operandi and my takeaway will no doubt vary from other posters opinions/thoughts on these latest version improvments.
Dabbla

The alerts now going to the watch list is a good addition.

You can do many things for in running,
Highlight volume increase /decrease
Highlight odds increase /decrease
close finishes
Fallers (well, once they hit 1000)
winners (once they hit 1.01)
And as many unique ideas you have

All can be highlight a different couloir, so you can easily see what happening.
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:58 pm
The alerts now going to the watch list is a good addition.

You can do many things for in running,
Highlight volume increase /decrease
Highlight odds increase /decrease
close finishes
Fallers (well, once they hit 1000)
winners (once they hit 1.01)
And as many unique ideas you have

All can be highlight a different couloir, so you can easily see what happening.
That's some very useful suggestions and ways to use it
Euler

You may find the custom columns very useful for in-play trading. You can get it to pretty much do anything with a custom column and pre-set values to act on your command, rather than trying to do multiple clicks manually.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:57 pm
You may find the custom columns very useful for in-play trading. You can get it to pretty much do anything with a custom column and pre-set values to act on your command, rather than trying to do multiple clicks manually.
Just to pick up on Eulers comment for anyone who hasn't done this here's an example of using the In-Play trader in conjunction with some custom columns
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12290
arbitrage16

Thanks guys, I shall explore these options. Is there a way to set it so that the current price is always highlighted? The indicator flashes between red, yellow, green, but sometimes it disappears and in a fast moving IR market this is not ideal for me, thanks

Return to “General discussion”