Best volume indicators for in-running and pre-race trading?

A place to discuss anything.
arbitrage16

Volume is something I am taking more of an interest in when trading both IR and PR, and wondered which volume indicators people find of most use in BA?
threedogs

Yes particularly the recent volume indicator ..its parctically cheating and is an edge in itself ..

rik

would never have thought volume indicator would be that important as it doesn't indicate if something is being back or layed?
would you mind explaining why it is such a big edge?
jimibt

rik wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:57 pm
would never have thought volume indicator would be that important as it doesn't indicate if something is being back or layed?
would you mind explaining why it is such a big edge?
rik - I'd think the volume, in conjunction with tracking the price direction MIGHT give an indication of the strngth of the move. However, i think it would need to be offset against a lot of other conditions. i'd agree that in/of itself it is not an edge ;)
rik

your always talking in riddles aren’t you, seems like the strongest moves reverse half of the time so what’s the point
jimibt

rik wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm
your always talking in riddles aren’t you, seems like the strongest moves reverse half of the time so what’s the point
rik - i'd thought my take on things was clear and relatively simple. i also noted that i agreed with your conjecture. oh well- back to (even more) basics :D

[edit] - scanning previous posts between us to see if we've crossed swords in the past - could well be the case knowing me, lol :twisted:
arbitrage16

rik wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm
No riddles there mate, you've been provided a good insight, what you need to do now is figure out what those 'other conditions' are.
threedogs

threedogs wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:49 pm
Yes particularly the recent volume indicator ..its parctically cheating and is an edge in itself ..

It is of course only available on Betangel professional and as you look at it it gives you an immediate picture of the few places where the price is currently moving so to be able to use that along with the amounts shown above and below I would say gets me the trade right approx 65% of the time and the rest is close trade management ..
arbitrage16

threedogs wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:49 pm
threedogs wrote:

It is of course only available on Betangel professional and as you look at it it gives you an immediate picture of the few places where the price is currently moving so to be able to use that along with the amounts shown above and below I would say gets me the trade right approx 65% of the time and the rest is close trade management ..
Are you referring to this? https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tra ... olume.html
threedogs

arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:13 pm
threedogs wrote:
threedogs wrote:

Are you referring to this? https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tra ... olume.html
YES and if I think that the price will go down shortly I woll enter a back trade on the top part of the pink ie if the pink covers 4 prices i will put money on the top price and often the price will come up to my trade eat it away and reverse so I follow it down until it levels then I trade out for maybe two or three ticks however if it takes my money and reverses I am straight out fast with a scratch trade
jimibt

threedogs wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:35 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:
threedogs wrote:
YES and if I think that the price will go down shortly I woll enter a back trade on the top part of the pink ie if the pink covers 4 prices i will put money on the top price and often the price will come up to my trade eat it away and reverse so I follow it down until it levels then I trade out for maybe two or three ticks however if it takes my money and reverses I am straight out fast with a scratch trade
would be nice to see this extended to both Guardian and Excel automation!! (the recently traded price/volume). I know it can be *guessed* at, but at least using an inbuilt method would be one less thing to constantly over refine :D
arbitrage16

threedogs wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:35 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:
threedogs wrote:
Sounds like some high quality hit and hope :)
threedogs

Yes haha hit and hope but some call it trading order flow because it shows the very latest flow of money into the market ..

Return to “General discussion”