not a bad app

A place to discuss anything.
elofan0

this dont look a bad app ... gives you animated runners in the race and a computerised animated of how the race maybe run ... from google playstore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

What exactly is the difference between a computer animation of how a race might be run and a tipster giving a tip?
elofan0

there is very little difference derek its merely a tool showing you in detail ie the horses that like to be held up and the front runners ........ as for tips it gives a good insight like any other racing aid ..ie like racing post or sporting life ...
what do you use derek luck or have you got a masterplan i could follow :)
Derek27

I've got it - the front runners will be at the front of the simulation and the hold-up horses will be at the back. :lol: You could easily imagine that in your head!

Computer animations are generally gimmicks aimed at people who assume computers can do anything better than humans. I'm not criticising the app - I'm sure it's got useful features, it's just that I personally find simulations patronising. :)

When I was a punter I obviously studied past performances, used form books and considered the pace of the race and how it's likely to be run crucial, but I wouldn't need an animation.

By the way, does it do a full 8-minute animation of a three-and-a-half mile chase, or is it one of those time saving simulations where every race is a 2-furlong sprint?
elofan0

getting back to the app Derek i like it thats all that matters :) ................ like i like this forum which gives many great insights ..... you never did say how you pick your selections Derek was it ...luck
or chance ? you seem to be the expert enlighten me oh wise one .... :)
Derek27

elofan0 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:08 pm
getting back to the app Derek i like it thats all that matters :) ................ like i like this forum which gives many great insights ..... you never did say how you pick your selections Derek was it ...luck
or chance ? you seem to be the expert enlighten me oh wise one .... :)
If expressing an opinion on a tool's usefulness makes me an expert then I'm an expert on anything and everything. ;)

My method of picking selections was really simple, and one that many bettors would use. I'd decide what price I think each horse was worth backing at, and back the horse if I can get that price.
elofan0

:) yes its good to have an opinion and i like the app ....so thats my opinion :) and final comment on this post :)

Return to “General discussion”