Another Stupid Martingale Question

Don't chase your losses, it doesn't work. You will eventually bust your bank.
Emmson

I'm experienced and now profitable but still struggle with taking a good red, it leads me to have screens like this too often.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Do you look back on your bad trades and note what you could have done better, or done that you shouldn't have?

It looks like the issue isn't not greening-up and taking a red but doing it early enough or letting a trade go too far against you.
Kneecaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q3j1gvULxU

A little off topic and I don't want to encourage anyone.

I think this guy makes some sense about a possible martingale system towards the end of the video. The idea of having a stop point and a buy in point.

I use this idea not in a trading sense but more a gambling/hedging model, looking at odds and how often favourites win. I have had success. I keep very detailed records that are updated daily and I am always working through historical data.

:twisted:
CallumPerry

A very basic video about martingale by people who aren't even traders, all recycled material but thought worth sharing as it is one of the V Sauce channels. If you aren't subscribed already, do yourself a favour. They have some brilliant content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DntEoGG7RyY

Also, I really want the little robot. Think it would help my trading if I had a little buddy next to be to fist bump every successful trade like in the video. Perhaps he could even be programmed to yell at you when you tell him you've ballsed up.

On a final note, I think Martingale, to quote the above video, "can work in short bursts" much like the guy in the previous video link shared on this thread was explaining (posted by Kneecaps).

It may be a good idea to scale in and out of positions if you have clear boundaries i.e. 4 lots of doubles MAX. I think that was what he was getting at. I do prefer the add 1 instead of double approach though and crucially the key point here is there should be good reason to adding to a position. Not a 'chance it' mentality but some sort of indicator/feeling/analysis is telling you a move is likely to happen one way or another.
Derek27

Kneecaps wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q3j1gvULxU

A little off topic and I don't want to encourage anyone.

I think this guy makes some sense about a possible martingale system towards the end of the video. The idea of having a stop point and a buy in point.

I use this idea not in a trading sense but more a gambling/hedging model, looking at odds and how often favourites win. I have had success. I keep very detailed records that are updated daily and I am always working through historical data.

:twisted:
I think what the guy says makes sense but it's not a Martingale, not even remotely. As a punter, if I backed a horse at 6/1 and it went out to 10/1 I'd often have more on, but that's simply taking advantage of extra value. The Martingale is pure loss recovery and gambling for no other reason.

Return to “Loss recovery systems and methods”