For those who believe in charts - can you tell where this is going?

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:43 pm
This is from Aplomb earlier today, 5 mins out from post time. Answer the question!

Bonus points for showing working :)
People who "believe in charts" believe that the information is useful in conjunction with other information - nobody actually believes you can tell which way the market will go just by looking at a chart!
Euler

FWIW, I wouldn't have enough information to read what is going on in that graph as I'd need the others as well. But it does look like it's in a natural range of 2.50-3.00 but the current price activity looks like it's heading for a breakout. But without seeing other information I wouldn't precisely know. You can make some general assumptions but when you turn to the ladder you will start 'feel' what the market want's to do.
Euler

Yeah I thought that was a brilliant vid.
Thank you.

I used the 67% rate, just to show how you could be very expectancy positive and still screw it up.
Derek27

arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:07 pm
ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:51 pm
Oh I remember that race, yeah a bit of a nightmare (I think there were 4 other runners at 6.0 :roll: ) - although I generally struggle when the fav drifts!
Ah, Simon, been meaning to refer you to PW's latest YT video, where he says that the number one thing one must have right for trading success is the mindset...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvOf8P98n_Q&t=20s
This is the bit that I like: "If I worry about every single tick increment that's going on, I'll have a heart attack within a couple of weeks". :lol:

We've all been there when a trade goes against you - feeling the pain with each tick. :lol:
Wildly

The volume spikes had pushed the price out. The earlier substantial firming in price had been on relatively lower volume.
Respect moves at higher volume as a stronger signal.

Return to “General discussion”