Tool For Trading At Random

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

"Time is money" is front and centre in my mind at the moment Simon, if suffereing from having yet another birthday today and that care home is nowhere near paid for. I'm kind of hoping to be treated nicely rather than being bullied and left in my own mess like so many poor unfortunates are.

You can see how cheery today is making me feel :cry:
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:33 pm
It's about the bang for your buck.
Cutting out unnecessary expenditure is just as valid an edge as not losing as much in the market. That extra/saved money could go towards a/another trip to Hook :)

If it's an edge I've got no problem. But how does randomly trading with real money offer better insights than an accurate simulation of the trades that woulda been taken?

Trading only during when the spread is 1 tick, only market orders - a real £2 stake will behave pretty much identically to an "excel £2"
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:41 pm
"Time is money" is front and centre in my mind at the moment Simon, if suffereing from having yet another birthday today and that care home is nowhere near paid for.
If it makes you feel any better, my CV would be.

Finished six form. Entered an indefinite gap yr....... that's about it :lol: :oops:
spreadbetting

ruthlessimon wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Trading only during when the spread is 1 tick, only market orders - a real £2 stake will behave pretty much identically to an "excel £2"
Eventually you'd hope to ramp things up a little more than £2 though and that's where your participation in the market kicks off the "butterfly effect" and those stats go out of the window .
ruthlessimon

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 pm
Eventually you'd hope to ramp things up a little more than £2 though and that's where your participation in the market kicks off the "butterfly effect" and those stats go out of the window .
But the context here is random trading

When talking about something believed to be a real edge, I completely agree

Return to “General discussion”