Impact of trading environment on your P&L

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:50 pm
Yes good advice, I've been trying to be more aware of how I feel in the moment lately when getting involved in a market, probably all I can do for now.
thx. If you're using a more 'feel' based approach then as well as scoring the maket to assess your stake (volatility, volume & 'market 'shape' etc ie two shorties probably react more than a field of 8/1 shots blah blah blah) you also need to assess you too. You're the biggest piece in this puzzle, it seems unlikely that it shouldn't also be one of the biggest factors in your decision making.

Stake = Market confidence * Confidence in your state of mind. And when that second factor is zero, do the admin.

It's just a video game Jas, no point getting shot and losing your hard earned status when you can wait and be deadly when you're up for it.
JasBarrow

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:10 pm
thx. If you're using a more 'feel' based approach then as well as scoring the maket to assess your stake (volatility, volume & 'market 'shape' etc ie two shorties probably react more than a field of 8/1 shots blah blah blah) you also need to assess you too. You're the biggest piece in this puzzle, it seems unlikely that it shouldn't also be one of the biggest factors in your decision making.
I try to approach the market in a well thought out kind of way so not really from 'feel', where the negativity seems to affect me more is the impact it has on my focus, if i'm feeling any way negative I seem to lose a little bit of focus and then that can kind of snowball to the point where I'm not putting as much thought into what I'm doing.
ShaunWhite

JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:19 pm
I try to approach the market in a well thought out kind of way so not really from 'feel'
JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm

I just open a market and try and interpret whats going on
Sounds like 'feel' to me :)
gutuami

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:30 pm

My problem is: - anyone can be a psychology expert, but not everyone can be a trading expert.
we have plenty of trading experts. they even write books and running websites with lots of advice. You didn't google it did you? :)
ruthlessimon

gutuami wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm
we have plenty of trading experts. they even write books and running websites with lots of advice. You didn't google it did you? :)
Oh yeah, I forgot about "TH"!

What a Trader!

It really is a wonder why only 0.5% of accounts pay PC with advice/books/courses of that quality!!!

His 1st ebook is £50 on mindset :lol: - & my point is, the advice in that book, Peter would probably agree with - & that's why it's so dangerous. Anyone can give good psychology advice (related to trading)
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm
Anyone can give good psychology advice (related to trading)
And you say he charges 50 quid for the book? ..... mmmmmm, fire up Word Simon and get typing. :mrgreen:
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:31 pm
And you say he charges 50 quid for the book? ..... mmmmmm, fire up Word Simon and get typing. :mrgreen:
I'm ruthless, but I'm not that ruthless :D

Next time anyone ever mentions the importance of psychology (over edge), I'll get em to explain why Badger can't even follow his own £50 advice! :lol:
spreadbetting

I've aways assumed you were ruthles rather than ruthless :o
ruthlessimon

I hate my username, made in haste back in 2016

If I'm allowed one wish, it'd probably be to take the username "Libra" (without losing my posts) - or knowing what Dallas's first name is. Either or 8-) :lol:
Last edited by ruthlessimon on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spreadbetting

PM Dallas , I'm sure they can edit the name if it's not already in use. Either that or start a new account, you wouldn't be the first person to have a resurrection on here.
ruthlessimon

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:50 pm
PM Dallas , I'm sure they can edit the name if it's not already in use. Either that or start a new account, you wouldn't be the first person to have a resurrection on here.
There's a big difference between "rechristen" & "resurrect"!!!

& I'm pretty sure Shaun would like a rechristening as well.

"ShaunWhite", that aint a username ;)
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:58 pm
"ShaunWhite", that aint a username ;)
I tried coming back as the artist formerly known as.... But it just didn't feel right.

Funny you should say it's not a username, I screwed up on the registration screen :? But it's fine, I'm not a fan of the way people feel they need to create a persona on the internet really. I'm a fully grown man, that's my name. It's all a bit like when you're 9 and have a special name to get into the den.

That said, I do use a different name when I want to be anonymous, like when I'm trolling, using the dark net or running my adult webcam business, that sort of thing :)
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:07 am
I tried coming back as the artist formerly known as.... But it just didn't feel right.
I think "Financephalograph" woulda been far better. Moniac just looked like another name typo ;)
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:07 am
It's all a bit like when you're 9 and have a special name to get into the den.
That's my problem, I think I actually was 9 when I first used it :lol:

To be fair actually, I see "ShaunWhite" & "ruthlessimon" as brands, & you can't change brand names!

Return to “General discussion”