Help Betfair have restricted my account

A place to discuss anything.
Alfieboy

I have just received an email from bet fair telling me my account has been restricted because my usage is that of a commercial user. I have been using practice mode for a long time and thats probably the reason. Has anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved. Thanks
Dallas

They have been clamping down a lot in recent months
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15692
ShaunWhite

How long is a long time?
Derek27

The problems associated with overusing practice mode is mentioned in the Bet Angel user guide but it seems it just cannot be publicised enough.
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:47 am
The problems associated with overusing practice mode is mentioned in the Bet Angel user guide but it seems it just cannot be publicised enough.
Agreed
mickypaul72

Phone them
BetScalper

Your be lucky to get your account back unless you pay them £200 notes.
Naffman

You might as well set up another account using a family members name, screw paying £200
BetScalper

Naffman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:31 pm
You might as well set up another account using a family members name, screw paying £200
Don’t think you can with the same address and/or bank account. There fairly clever at catching on, especially if they have already restricted you.
Dallas

If it's a user's first restriction normally a bit of ignorance and agreement to start and place real bets is enough for them to lift the restriction
Often BF will send out a survey asking how the user intends to use the exchange in future, all they want to see is that they will earn a revenue from a users usage
ShaunWhite

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:27 pm
Your be lucky to get your account back unless you pay them £200 notes.
£299 actually, and you still have to generate some commission. The problem is the something for nothing generation, who assume information grows on the magic data tree. Couple that with a lack of interest in reading user guides or Ts&Cs and it's going to happen time and time again.

It's a first offence so probably no more than a slap on the wrist.
LeTiss

I've said this before (many times) - People should get out of the practice area of this software ASAP

You don't learn to swim as a kid, until you take off your armbands!
You don't learn to ride a bike as a kid, until you remove the stabilizers!

As kids we are fearless!

The practice area doesn't properly prepare you for real markets, because playing with real money changes your emotions, and invariably it's emotional reasons for people failing!

If you're nervous, then just play around with £2 stakes - if you're too nervous to do that, then you're going to struggle to make this game work for you - your fear of losing money, will probably mean you'll have an aversion to losses - this is quite often the reason many make disastrous decisions in trading

You could end up like our old friend Ferru - who spent far too long in the practice area, and eventually it made him too scared to actually play the markets for real
JTEDL

Totally agree, if you are serious about trading, which you must be by paying for software, then use real money starting off with £2 stakes - IT'S THE BEST WAY TO LEARN.
iambic_pentameter

Something that LeTiss posted at some point in the past was extremely helpful for me:

"In the early days of trading, I learned more from red screens than green.

Eliminating mistakes is a massive step towards being profitable in this game"

The only way you can do that, is to put real money through the markets - start with £2 and take it from there.
guy333

I gave up on the idea of manually trading years ago as I just can't get the hang of it. It doesn't matter how good the signs are one trade will always go the wrong way and wipeout all profits.

Therefore the only reason that I occassionally dip into Bet Angel is because of the dream that one day I will work out the perfect automation programme that is profitable.

I will probably give up again soon as it is proving to be elusive but without practice mode any project is a non-starter. Some of my automations risk huge losses so how can I test them without a practice mode?

With all due respect the baf files that Dallas releases are all designed for practice mode because none of them actually make a profit. So we are supposed to blindly go live with an automation file that we know is going to lose us money? (This is based on experience and the well known fact that nobody is going to give away a profitable system for free.)

So perhaps Bet Angel should withdraw the automation side of the package as for the vast majority of users it is leading us on a time-wasting frustrating journey that we are now advised is going to cost us a fortune in losses to Betfair?

Return to “General discussion”