Does anyone use a portable screen for trading? Perhaps when travelling...

A place to discuss anything.
arbitrage16

Have been looking at the following, initially as a second screen for my home-based trading, but eventually to use alongside a laptop screen when trading as I travel:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-MB168B-15 ... FJKGI?th=1

Wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I am a ladder trader and use it for in-running, would probably have it for pics and charts when at home, but it would be my main ladder screen for trading whilst travelling, so want to check it's quick enough etc.

It's a USB connection.
jimibt

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:53 am
Have been looking at the following, initially as a second screen for my home-based trading, but eventually to use alongside a laptop screen when trading as I travel:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-MB168B-15 ... FJKGI?th=1

Wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I am a ladder trader and use it for in-running, would probably have it for pics and charts when at home, but it would be my main ladder screen for trading whilst travelling, so want to check it's quick enough etc.

It's a USB connection.
i've not had any experience of this type of screen. however, given that it's USB, i'd recommend that you ensure that your laptop has USB 3.0 support. most laptops manufactured since 2014 should have this. Older laptops (using USB 2.0 only) would stuggle with high throughput and the monitor could therefore feel laggy on such a setup.

i don't manually trade and when travelling can get by with either a tablet or even my phone using RDP to my VM.
MemphisFlash

thats exactly what i use. i love it. it is so light as well
arbitrage16

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:59 pm
thats exactly what i use. i love it. it is so light as well
Nice one, what aspect do you use it for? Is the USB connection quick enough to support pics from horse racing and charts?
MemphisFlash

it is really quick, sometimes i use it to stream footy maches when relaxing. no lag, i have usb 3.0 and it works great.
had mine about 6 months
Euler

I use a Mac Book and an iPad as a second screen and that works well for me from a number of perspectives.
arbitrage16

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:38 pm
I use a Mac Book and an iPad as a second screen and that works well for me from a number of perspectives.
That's a decent setup, only not from the perspective of being an in-running trader :)
sa7med

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/74 ... 4.go2.fund

Looks like a great trading set up for you traders on the go.

Return to “General discussion”