BetAngel for Betdaq.

A place to discuss anything.
Valda

Had a few quid lying around in betdaq for a while and having found some promising automation with BetAngel on Betfair I thought ide download the Betdaq version and try it on there. I was unable to log into Betdaq with BetAngel so I phoned the help desk. Below is a copy of the email I received from them.
Not a problem but I thought others might be interested in the reply

Subject
Can’t log in with BetAngel

Response By E-mail (Keith) (22/11/2018 09.23 AM)
Dear member,

All users requesting API permissions need to deposit a minimum of 200 in order to gain access. When this is deposited we can grant access on the system.

Many thanks for your e-mail.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Keith

BETDAQ Customer Service
Alphabet

I thought I would do my first ever post on this forum, in response to this post.

I am on BA for Betdaq. Deposited £170 since Dec 2017 when I joined.
Actively use it - since around July 2018.
No problems logging in.

Maybe a policy they brought in since going to 2% commission in Janurary ?

Since its my first post.
A thanks to Peter Webb for 700+ inspirational videos. I don't trade. Straight win - bets only.
But incredible info. Makes stats look like creative art as well !!!
And incredible software as well - even though I only currently use the Betdaq version
Euler

Thanks for your comments. I wasn't aware that Betdaq had this policy in place.

I think it makes sense for some money to be deposited as Betfair restricted API access if no deposit. I can check with Betdaq if you wish.
foxwood

They never used to have such a requirement for BA - and I would query whether they still do.

I'd query their reply since you are not requesting API permissions but simply using a free and approved trading tool as listed on the BD website - bit shortsighted if they do insist on it and they are not usually that silly. Also, if they do then why don't they tell you that on their list of approved tools.

However, the £200 requirement does apply if you want to use the API and are developing own software.
Valda

Euler wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:46 pm
Thanks for your comments. I wasn't aware that Betdaq had this policy in place.

I think it makes sense for some money to be deposited as Betfair restricted API access if no deposit. I can check with Betdaq if you wish.
Thanks for the offer but hadn’t used Betdaq for a couple of years and just had £82 sitting there. Got a bit chewy at their reply so withdrew it. Won’t bother with them again.
wearthefoxhat

Downloaded the B.A software for Betdaq 4 days ago with a deposit of just £200 just to get the feel of it and compare to the Betfair version.

The "know your customer" requirement kicked in within the first few trades (blacklisted). This was sorted within 15 minutes sending an email copy of my passport and new council tax bill to their helpdesk.

Overall it stands up well. The Betfair (pro) version has a lot more invested into over time, but the free betdaq piece of kit, works well. It has the dutching facility and the market monitor info to assess volume and momentum. (important to assess if a volatile market)

Guardian functions well, the automation is there but understandably not everything the Betfair pro version has. Easy to apply basic automation for greening up pre-race and/or back and lay timings.

It gives access to the main areas that I need, also I compared liquidity with Betfair and pre- race leading up to the 5 minutes before the off, surprisingly there's not a lot in it until the last 5 minutes, then Betfair doubles up quite quickly. The charts don't seem to work when I click on the chart icon, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

The In-play market is poor compared to Betfair, but that doesn't matter for most traders anyway.

It only has 2% comms (you know that already) I already have the special offer with Betfair of 2%, but unsure how long that will last. For the time being there's no premium charge to worry about in the future (again, you already know that).

To sum up, not sure why I've taken so long to try betdaq out. (probably cos I wanted a good liquidity guarantee on betfair) that seems to be changing as Betdaq seem to be making up some ground.
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 pm
Downloaded the B.A software for Betdaq 4 days ago with a deposit of just £200 just to get the feel of it and compare to the Betfair version.

The "know your customer" requirement kicked in within the first few trades (blacklisted). This was sorted within 15 minutes sending an email copy of my passport and new council tax bill to their helpdesk.

Overall it stands up well. The Betfair (pro) version has a lot more invested into over time, but the free betdaq piece of kit, works well. It has the dutching facility and the market monitor info to assess volume and momentum. (important to assess if a volatile market)

Guardian functions well, the automation is there but understandably not everything the Betfair pro version has. Easy to apply basic automation for greening up pre-race and/or back and lay timings.

It gives access to the main areas that I need, also I compared liquidity with Betfair and pre- race leading up to the 5 minutes before the off, surprisingly there's not a lot in it until the last 5 minutes, then Betfair doubles up quite quickly. The charts don't seem to work when I click on the chart icon, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

The In-play market is poor compared to Betfair, but that doesn't matter for most traders anyway.

It only has 2% comms (you know that already) I already have the special offer with Betfair of 2%, but unsure how long that will last. For the time being there's no premium charge to worry about in the future (again, you already know that).

To sum up, not sure why I've taken so long to try betdaq out. (probably cos I wanted a good liquidity guarantee on betfair) that seems to be changing as Betdaq seem to be making up some ground.

I'd say that's a pretty good assessment of Betdaq and the Bet Angel for Betdaq software its self.

So thought it's worth adding a few points

A few years back a lot of time and money was invested in developing the BD version and bar just a few features it was brought right in-line with the Bet Angel Pro for BF, unfortunately, despite that and some marketing at the time from BD enough users still didn't migrate over, so in development terms, the focus has shifted back to the Pro version for Betfair.

Liquidity is growing on BD (though as you pointed out in-play markets are still very weak as are others like tennis etc), personally I use it all the time on horse racing festivals etc but would, of course, like to see it grow and become more competitive with Betfair.

The charts were discontinued by Betdaq themselves about 12-18 mths ago so since then clicking a chart icon now just takes you to a blank page, the next time the software is updated the chart icons will likely be removed from the software.

It's always been a chicken and egg situation with Betdaq, traders won't use the exchange without liquidity and decent tools but development time is limited so without an increase in user base its time better spent elsewhere

I know Peter has been using it a lot more in the last year or so even on regular weekdays and has said numerous times liquidity is getting better so its at least moving in the right direction - and Betfairs is falling which helps a bit too!

Return to “General discussion”