Advice Required

A place to discuss anything.
Banthorpe

Hiya All
Having had a Betfair account for over 15 years and have had to verify my account from time to time with no problems however I received an email over a week ago requesting various information again but this time asking for Bank Statements, Photo of Bank card, Copy of passport and an explanation of how fund my account.

I have sent all of the above information. However after I send the information requested they keep asking me for further information and have now suspended my account and I have been told that the account will remain suspended and any money in my account will remain suspended indefinitely until I supply what they have asked for. I have spoken to the customer services but they just tell me that I can not speak to a manager and it is a request from a different department that I can not speak to but can only respond to their emails.

The problem I have is that, although it is not how I fund my account and to me is irrelevant, having had Cancer a few years ago I receive 2 payments each month from the Dwp for Esa and having seen this on my bank account statement they want a statement or documentation regarding these payments, however the only documents I have was from 2 years ago and they will not accept this, but having spoken to the Dwp on the phone previously and recently I have been told that unless there is a change to these payments then I do not receive anything from them and as nothing has changed in the last 2 years the only paperwork I have is from 2 years ago but they insist that they want a statement but one doesn't exist and the dwp doesn't send them so they are asking now for something that I don`t have and doesn't exist but until I can supply one my account will remain suspended and my money kept. Any help or advice would be appreciated as I would like to carry on using Betfair but for now I am out of options.

Many Thanks All
spreadbetting

Ask the dwp to put it in writing what they told you, they even must have to send something each year just to confirm any increase in benefit due to cost of living increases. If they start being awkward just say you'll put in a gdpr request for your data then. It'll be a lot more hassle for them to complete the gdpr request which is free to you and means they will have to provide copies of all data they hold on you, surely amongst that they'd be something Betfair will accept.

There is nothing to stop the dwp sending a separate letter to confirm how much they pay you, they're just being lazy. I'd try sending a letter asking for confirmation on how your current benefit is made up and asking them to confirm payment dates.
Banthorpe

Thanks for the reply.
I had a letter from them about 2 years ago that states my weekly amount etc ( Which I have sent this to Betfair but they wont accept this) and then once a year I get a letter asking my to attend an assessment etc, which I attend. after the first one of these I heard nothing back so I phoned the Dwp who said that I passed the assessment etc and when I said that I had heard nothing from them they said that as nothing has changed then it just carries on and as nothing has changed they do not inform me, the amount they pay has not changed in the last few years so the last letter I have from them is from 2 years ago which I have sent Betfair along with bank statements that shows the payments in but they wont accept this either. I could try and get what you have suggested but not hopeful there will be anything in there that is better than I have already sent but running out of options now. Thanks again for your advice

Return to “General discussion”