A place to discuss anything.
Dallas

newbietrader wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:21 pm
newbietrader wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

yes im trying to find some mates in uk who are willing to open an account for me. i dont know why they ban india as indians bring shitload of liquidity in cricket markets. hopefully they restart their services soon
I believe it was due to regulatory changes and not being able to get a licence etc in India, they've also about to close in Albania and Swedish users were required to switch to a new Betfair.se site at the start of the year in order to continue using BF
I wish they could do something like betfair.in for Indian users as well, no way on earth I'm going back to 300 quids a month job when I can average 50ish quids a day 1500-1800 a month 😂 I believe some huge cricket traders rake in 5-7k a month and more when ipl is on
Yeah i suspect there's a few big cricket traders over there could be effected and forced to make changes
newbietrader

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:35 pm
newbietrader wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:21 pm

I believe it was due to regulatory changes and not being able to get a licence etc in India, they've also about to close in Albania and Swedish users were required to switch to a new Betfair.se site at the start of the year in order to continue using BF
I wish they could do something like betfair.in for Indian users as well, no way on earth I'm going back to 300 quids a month job when I can average 50ish quids a day 1500-1800 a month 😂 I believe some huge cricket traders rake in 5-7k a month and more when ipl is on
Yeah i suspect there's a few big cricket traders over there could be effected and forced to make changes
Yes if UK wasn't this costly I'd have moved out there cause daq is already banned and matchbook has piss poor liquidity they're left with no choice but to move abroad and bet365 or other bookies will ban them in blink of an eye if they start making decent profits lol
PDC

Dallas wrote:
This tweet and the replies are interesting from Mark Iverson's (Cricket trader) twitter:

https://twitter.com/markyiverson/status ... 2526554113
Dallas

PDC wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 pm
Dallas wrote:
This tweet and the replies are interesting from Mark Iverson's (Cricket trader) twitter:

https://twitter.com/markyiverson/status ... 2526554113
Thanks for that PDC must have missed Mark's tweet on that
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:30 pm
A 'no deal' may have interesting implications for regulatory arrangements. Uncertain times ahead.
Uncertain granted. With many licences spread across Malta, Gibraltar and UK, you'd think, there's a decent chance that BF has positioned itself to be able to handle it, though. Haven't delved into which licences cover what, have to say. Still, you'd at least hope that they're prepared for the scenario, should it occur.
hussi.d

Betfair Closed in India. Can't access site on 24-01-2019.

Our Software detects that you may be accessing the Betfair website from a country that Betfair does not accept bets from. If you believe that this detection has occurred in error, please Contact us for further assistance.
Emmson

I would love to hear of a new territory that allows Betfair Exchange access, for about 10 years all I have heard is this country and that country are now out of bounds. What is wrong with people? Betfair Exchange is the most punter friendly site on the face of the earth but the net keeps closing.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 am
I would love to hear of a new territory that allows Betfair Exchange access, for about 10 years all I have heard is this country and that country are now out of bounds. What is wrong with people? Betfair Exchange is the most punter friendly site on the face of the earth but the net keeps closing.
Why should a government grant and international operator a licence if it results in a net outflow from their economy? Instead of "What's wrong with people" the question is What's wrong with capitalism? Add to that the growing fashion for goverments to be held hostage by nationalists and this is what happens. Things were so much more promising when everyone had a more favourable view on internationalism. I think the correct technical term is "the world's going tits up".
mobius

Posted this yesterday
Gambling and New Technologies
Jonathan Freedland is at Lingfield Park Racecourse to find out how new technologies transformed gambling habits in the the nineteenth century and today.
Podcast:-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000255p
The Long View
BBC R4
You can listen on the way to/from your dayjob/bookies
;
(comment below on what hasn't changed!)
george

There are quite few reliable betfair brokers for those that live in a restricted country the only downside is u cant use the api u will have access to a website similar to the betfair one
hussi.d

There are quite few reliable betfair brokers for those that live in a restricted country the only downside is u cant use the api u will have access to a website similar to the betfair one

Please name a few.

Return to “General discussion”