Trading Diet — what do you consume?

A place to discuss anything.
The Silk Run

It rather depends on how your day plays out. Depending on which its either Food Bank, or Fortnum & Mason.
ShaunWhite

I had you down as a health nut Simon with all that cycling. Try to remember you're an omnivore. :)
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:19 pm
I had you down as a health nut Simon with all that cycling. Try to remember you're an omnivore. :)
I might be a slight hypocrite..

cos I do love this processed guff, & anything that's got cheese in it/on it :)

Yet I would moan at you smoking in-front of me!
Emmson

Lots of confectionary, like every day & lots & lots of buttered toast & cereal for the speed it takes to prepare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JTEDL

I try to have as many 'greens' as possible :D
stueytrader

Diet not too bad (have the missus to thank for that!)

However, beer and other alcohol possibly my weakness in terms of healthy consumption.

I eat plenty vegs, mix of meat and fish, pastas etc otherwise. Occasional take-away vice. I think with everything balance is the key though, or variety whichever way we choose to frame that.

Oh, and the other possible diet related issue is...constipation. Surely one of the traders crosses with all that sitting. So fibre is my other good advice for the food side, I have cereal high fibre every day.
mobius

From 5 live Science - mostly boring EXCEPT for 24Mins in 'til the news.
We spend 18 years on our backsides and it's bad for us!!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00025t7
(it's called the science of art so skip the first 24mins)

Foodwise - fig rolls - (cheap biscuits) - taste great dipped in black coffee AND just for you Stueytrader it sure sorts out the constipation :shock:
eightbo

Cheers for the replies guys, definitely some useful suggestions so far.

It is a kind of 'brain fog' as you mention Caroline.
Have suspected it is to do with carbs as those large plates of pasta or bread servings are notably sapping (currently eating to a big surplus).

Will toy with a Paleo meal plan and see if I can meet my macro requirements.
Last edited by eightbo on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbo

Oh, and I have found bananas and some variant of orange (personally love tangerines) to be a useful snack combo for energy.
Tangerine gets processed pretty quickly and the sharp smell helps too. Then the banana takes us longer to digest prolonging the energy release.
wearthefoxhat

Fruit scones with cup(s) of tea. (does that count as one of the 5 a day?)

Whilst trading I keep things light, more comfort food (as above). Main meal (when trading complete), avoid red meat overall.
eightbo

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:48 pm
Fruit scones with cup(s) of tea. (does that count as one of the 5 a day?)

Whilst trading I keep things light, more comfort food (as above). Main meal (when trading complete), avoid red meat overall.
Yes. But I would advise discussing it with your GP as 5 cups of tea each day seems excessive.
jimibt

forgot to mention, i'd also advise *trying* to drink a few litres of water each day, spread across 8-10 hours. good for keeping alert and keeping hunger at bay. i have a sistema 75cl bottle which i refill at least twice daily.
stueytrader

mobius wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:59 am

Foodwise - fig rolls - (cheap biscuits) - taste great dipped in black coffee AND just for you Stueytrader it sure sorts out the constipation :shock:
:lol: might give those a try too, ta!
Tuco

I gave up adding sugar a year last June having been a sugar-holic for all my life - on 10 June 2017 I ran out of sugar one night and just said, "that's it, I'm not adding sugar to anything anymore."

Sadly though I do still drink tea and coffee, my enjoyment of them is nothing like it was, so I generally drink water whilst trading or sometimes cordial.

Whilst trading I've also started having a plate of 2 sliced up apples - washed, quartered, de-pipped and cut up into small slices (4 slices per quarter) is very pleasant and means 32 slices to ease through whilst trading :)
Trader Pat

If I need a pick me up during trading I usually go the music route, positive frame of mind and not a single calorie!

Return to “General discussion”