Trading Range

A place to discuss anything.
BetScalper

Hi,

When it comes to Horse Racing, what would be considered an average tight trading range pre-off.

Does 12 ticks sound about right ?

Obviously the tighter the better but then you are limiting matching criteria etc.

Cheers,
ruthlessimon

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Obviously the tighter the better but then you are limiting matching criteria etc.
What do you mean by this?

Also the whole premise of "tight" depends on a lot of factors (which runner, price of runner, volume of runner, where's that volume, what time period are we looking at (i.e. discount everything prior to 5mins or not) etc etc).

Yes a generic result could easily be calculated - but the use of that figure will be incredibly limited (caveat, I'm a manual swinger; not a botter). I personally define tight as 1 tick
BetScalper

ruthlessimon wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:39 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:09 pm
What do you mean by this?

Also the whole premise of "tight" depends on a lot of factors (which runner, price of runner, volume of runner, where's that volume, what time period are we looking at (i.e. discount everything prior to 5mins or not) etc etc).

Yes a generic result could easily be calculated - but the use of that figure will be incredibly limited (caveat, I'm a manual swinger; not a botter). I personally define tight as 1 tick
I meant highest/lowest traded price.
ruthlessimon

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:28 pm
I meant highest/lowest traded price.
It'd be pretty straight forward to calc using Bfpromo; but how you define tight will be a subjective call

For example, like I mentioned, tight to me is 1 tick; but 1 tick on the Bfpromo data will impossible to see

Return to “General discussion”