Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 for Mac

A place to discuss anything.
sa7med

Anyone have this version? Version 10 only works on osx 10.11 and above and I dont want to upgrade (running a 2013 macbookpro). Would appreciate if someone would upload it as I can't find it anywhere on the net.
northbound

I can’t help you with that version of Microsoft RDP.

But: why don’t you want to upgrade your OS?

Until recently I had a Macbook Air 2011, running last year’s OS (High Sierra, 10.13) and it was super smooth.
sa7med

northbound wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:13 am
I can’t help you with that version of Microsoft RDP.

But: why don’t you want to upgrade your OS?

Until recently I had a Macbook Air 2011, running last year’s OS (High Sierra, 10.13) and it was super smooth.
Yeah? Have a fear of upgrading if everything is going well. Maybe Ill do High Sierra if it's recommended. Afraid of that whole planned obsolescence business.
northbound

Since buying that Macbook Air in 2011, I’ve upgraded the OS at every new release, basically every year.

It got better and better. In fact a couple of years back, before an upgrade, I tried reinstalling the original OS (Lion) out of curiosity.

It surprised me how sluggish that was compared to newer releases.

BTW Apple will prevent you from installing a newer OS if it’s known to not perform well on your machine.

For example High Sierra was the last one supported by Macbook Air 2011. The one after that (Mojave) cannot be installed on that computer.
Euler

I'm on Mojave and everything is fine for me.
sa7med

Just installed it. Will update as to how it goes but so far it seems that Final Cut Pro package wont work anymore :/ Damned shame because i loved that program and used it for years and years. Guess Ill have to delve into FCP X
sa7med

Well a day later and after a few snags its now running more or less as it was. Was quite slow before doing a NVRAM and SMC reset. Im still running a HDD, will probably benefit quite a bit with an upgrade to SSD. Thanks for the input NB
northbound

No worries.

I found newer OS versions snappier than older ones. Gotta say that my 2011 machine had an SSD all along.

Sorry to hear about Final Cut Pro, although surely after 6+ years you would have had to upgrade at some point anyway, isn’t it?
sa7med

northbound wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 pm
No worries.

I found newer OS versions snappier than older ones. Gotta say that my 2011 machine had an SSD all along.

Sorry to hear about Final Cut Pro, although surely after 6+ years you would have had to upgrade at some point anyway, isn’t it?
I guess I need to upgrade myself. Wish it were as easy as download/install :D
northbound

Yep. Specific software settings can be a pain to reinstate when reinstalling.

Return to “General discussion”