Betfair's relationship with traders

A place to discuss anything.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 pm
The only caveat I can think of is the authorities don't want to condone the destruction of the only alternative to the bookmakers.
We need another voice here, guys, like, bettors and traders union to be able kick shadowy bookmakers in the nuts!;)
stueytrader

So, down yet again this afternoon.

How many times is that now recently?

Awful service provider.
stueytrader

Feel like my only sensible approach to BF outages is to reduce stakes, maybe drastically, at present.

Also using other exchanges, but that's not always great either.
Westerner

stueytrader wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:15 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:21 pm
stueytrader wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:37 pm
I do actually get this company moving away from promoting trading.

But then why still have big flashy pages promoting it, with 'pro traders' pimped on there like calender boys?
I doubt hosting "big flashy pages promoting it, with 'pro traders' pimped on there like calender boys" costs them much.
Fair point that it probably doesn't cost much, but why do they even bother having those pages if they're not interested in promoting trading? Why not just delete them and move onto solely promoting exchange 'betting' instead?

I just find that there still seems an undercurrent for them promoting trading around. Not sure if any of the pro trader calender boys could comment on here too... :)
Which pages are you referring to?
stueytrader

Westerner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am
stueytrader wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:15 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:21 pm

I doubt hosting "big flashy pages promoting it, with 'pro traders' pimped on there like calender boys" costs them much.
Fair point that it probably doesn't cost much, but why do they even bother having those pages if they're not interested in promoting trading? Why not just delete them and move onto solely promoting exchange 'betting' instead?

I just find that there still seems an undercurrent for them promoting trading around. Not sure if any of the pro trader calender boys could comment on here too... :)
Which pages are you referring to?
It's under their betting.betfair pages, Betfair 'education' (lol at that term).

https://betting.betfair.com/guides/how- ... n-betfair/

That's the first page, other links around there.
stueytrader

Love some of their menu headings there on that page:

'Trading on Betfair is easy' being one of them! :lol:
stueytrader

This was another good page around those sections of their site:

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 8-710.html
Derek27

stueytrader wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:56 am

I think they mean it's easy to trade - they're not talking about winning!
Emmson

Betfair Australia are very proactive in encouraging trading unlike their masters over here.

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/about-us/

There is an extremely good 3 part interview with a cricket trader on there if you look.
Vorogue18

Yep, Aus Betfair send weekly, sometimes daily "tips" "strategies" regarding trading. My account level includes invites to trading sessions, trading software discounts and regular "professional" advice plus trader stories. Was invited to meet with account manager late last year when I enquired about 3rd party trading software and he was a ripping bloke. Gave demos, invites to trading sessions all sorts of stuff, even lost his hearing when I queried VPN usage...

Judging by the tales from overseas, really hope 'our guys' don't talk to 'your guys" !!!
Vorogue18

...but for the record I learn twice as much on this forum alone than anything Betfair can offer
stueytrader

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:08 pm
stueytrader wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:56 am

I think they mean it's easy to trade - they're not talking about winning!
Oh indeed.

But I nice way to fudge the meaning used there by their byline writers. ;)
stueytrader

Just noticed, is this a recent addition? A whole section just called 'scalping'.

Linked by a front exchange page link to their education sections too. Funny how they have focused on scalping as a trading format - not any other forms or approaches to trading. There's no 'swing trading' section for example. Guess they thought that a little tricky to advertise ;)

https://betting.betfair.com/how-to-use- ... 819-6.html
Euler

Not sure, but I know Betfair are looking to invest more money into the exchange going forward than in the past. New TV campaign on the way!
stueytrader

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm
Not sure, but I know Betfair are looking to invest more money into the exchange going forward than in the past. New TV campaign on the way!
Interesting indeed - seems there are encouraging signs that BF/PP might be realising the potential of the exchange product. Let's hope so.

Return to “General discussion”