5G Network advantage

A place to discuss anything.
wearthefoxhat

I recently saw this advert for the 5G Network for a football game. Of course it could be replicated for Horse Racing/Tennis and no sensible
security could stop you. 8-)

Person at game or event holds phone and streams....

game.PNG

Trader at home wearing VR set or has an equivalent screen set up, reacts quicker to a main occurence in the game.

home.PNG

Surely can't be that easy.... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Why not but you would need a 'proper' camera set-up … imagine how small the play would be on a short camera lens designed for selfies! And the general hustle and bustle of the crowd. I can remember in the early days of Radio Talksport they used to broadcast commentary of football matches from mobile phones! :)
napshnap

They'll just set artificial 5-10 sec delay killing any live trading advantage, like they do with horseracing.
Last edited by napshnap on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megarain

IMHO, the bigger the delay, the more a courtsider will like it.

Its a thing u can't fix .. without v intricate rules, which aint gonna happen.
firlandsfarm

napshnap wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:23 pm
They'll just set artificial 5-10 sec delay killing any live trading advantage, like they do with horseracing.
Maybe I'm reading this thread wrongly but I was thinking it's about Joe Soap watching the game live and streaming it to his mate Joe Bloggs who trades in-play!
napshnap

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:22 pm
napshnap wrote:
Maybe I'm reading this thread wrongly but I was thinking it's about Joe Soap watching the game live and streaming it to his mate Joe Bloggs who trades in-play!
I missed that. Thought it's about commercial streaming for people who wants to feel like being at a stadium.
firlandsfarm

napshnap wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm
I missed that. Thought it's about commercial streaming for people who wants to feel like being at a stadium.
I suspect we both could be right, I was looking at the top pic … I wondered why the guy in the lower pic was wearing a big pair of glasses! You have a point :lol: :lol: :lol:
wearthefoxhat

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:22 pm
napshnap wrote:
Yep that was the intention... :D
eightbo

You know the industry's behind the times when facetime/G Duo feeds are ahead of the official pics.

Can't blame them not much incentive at racetracks to upgrade the tech, particularly when a chunk of their revenue comes from on-course boxes.
spreadbetting

Id guess 5g will shake up alot of sports providers especially when courses realise they can probably group together and cut out the middle man like ruk/atr with 5g feeds.

I've been considering switching broadband but holding off until August as Three are supposed to be releasing their 5g broadband then which will simply involve plugging in a router to the mains which will then WiFi every device simply thru the 5g mobile networks,no need for cable or telephone lines.
PDC

megarain wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:11 pm
IMHO, the bigger the delay, the more a courtsider will like it.

Its a thing u can't fix .. without v intricate rules, which aint gonna happen.
I am missing something, why would the courtsider prefer a bigger delay?
megarain

Becos u can seed mkts, and only cancel the side u don't want to lay.

Eventually, a mistake will be made.
PDC

megarain wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm
Becos u can seed mkts, and only cancel the side u don't want to lay.

Eventually, a mistake will be made.
Thanks for the reply.

Return to “General discussion”