Green Up Servant

A place to discuss anything.
Banthorpe

Hiya All

Looking for some help with a green up servant. I have a servant that will place a back bet with an offset etc. Should that offset not be matched can get a servant to green up or red up x seconds after I have activated the initial back bet obviously if the offset is matched it doesnt really matter if it greens up as it will already be green. Sometimes this is pre race sometimes inplay I just want it to green up x seconds after the initial bet is fired. Many thanks all
Wolf1877

Banthorpe wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:29 am
Hiya All

Looking for some help with a green up servant. I have a servant that will place a back bet with an offset etc. Should that offset not be matched can get a servant to green up or red up x seconds after I have activated the initial back bet obviously if the offset is matched it doesnt really matter if it greens up as it will already be green. Sometimes this is pre race sometimes inplay I just want it to green up x seconds after the initial bet is fired. Many thanks all
A couple of ways spring to mind. There may be better ways.

(1) If your servant has currently has only 1 rule that triggers the offset bet then you could add the 2nd rule to green up timed by using the Rule Trigger Time relative to "first rule to trigger" to introduce the delay

or else

(2) You could calculate your own time delay using signals and stored values. for example
(a) In your Place a bet rule, set a signal called "bet_triggered" and then set a stored value called "secs_since_bet" = -1
(b) Add a set stored value rule conditional on signal bet_triggered being set, then set stored value "secs_since_bet" = secs_since_bet + 1. Rule should be always armed using the wait 1 second before rearming so that the stored value "secs_since_bet" gets incremented by 1 every second
(c) Add your green up rule, with always armed and conditional on the value of secs_since_bet reaching your required time delay.
You might want to add extra rules to Clear All Signals and Clear All Stored values if you are using the servant over and over.
Banthorpe

Many Thanks for your help. The first one seems like it would work and the most straightforward. Thanks again

Return to “General discussion”