Online hosting options+excel

A place to discuss anything.
marketraisen

Hello.

Ive done some googling and couldnt find info anywhere but after last Fridays power cut across parts of the country, I'd be interested to know the options for hosting betangel online somewhere with the ability to run excel alongside it.
The disruption meant I lost a whole evenings action (power died at 4.45pm, didnt get home until 11pm to reboot) but theres the potential for me to lose days with travelling for work.

My setup right now is an old laptop running in the back room, it sits there nice and cool running 24/7 with the display turned off and quietly does what its told, I use a mouse macro that runs a couple of times a day to reload guardian markets and if I ever need to check something I just login to the machine remotely.
All meaning I havent physically touched the thing in months besides giving the area around it a dusting.

Any ideas what can be done moving it all online? I know theres betangel hosting available with the in-software automation tools but the spreadsheet is doing important calculations that automation cant.
marketraisen

Nevermind, apparently betangels vps's can run excel even though theres no mention on the vps page.

Will consider it!
ShaunWhite

marketraisen wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:23 am
Nevermind, apparently betangels vps's can run excel even though theres no mention on the vps page.
Any VPS can run Excel. A VPS is just a remote PC and you can install whatever operating system and software on it you want, just as you would with your home pc.
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:13 pm
Any VPS can run Excel. A VPS is just a remote PC and you can install whatever operating system and software on it you want, just as you would with your home pc.
Fully agree with Shaun … the only thing I would add is that you would obviously need an Excel license for the VPS and not a single install license if you already have it on another PC such as at home.

Return to “General discussion”