New Betfair Exchange TV commercial!

A place to discuss anything.
acecard

Anyone else seen the new Betfair Exchange TV commercial with Clive Owen?! Admittedly it was only on ITV2, but still, ive never seen anything like that before, and the first time I've ever heard sports trading mentioned outside of the internet!

Could this be the start of a new focus on pushing the exchange model and higher levels of liquidity??!!
Dallas

Was that the one in a restaurant?

If it was I did briefly catch it the other day
Kai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JCyWWLVVrg

Big fan of Clive Owen, mostly because he's a Liverpool fan :D
Kai

He explains the Exchange in more detail in the other commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRu6D2tKgQQ
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 am

I've only seen a very shortened version of this one on Sky News. Bit confused about what peanuts have to do with trading.
acecard

Dallas wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:39 am

In this one he was sat on a bench eating nuts! So there is more than one!! Interesting!
acecard

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:35 am
Kai wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 am

I've only seen a very shortened version of this one on Sky News. Bit confused about what peanuts have to do with trading.
Perhaps they are trying to use peanuts as a metaphor for the amount of profit most can expect to make! Lol!
Dallas

acecard wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:52 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:39 am

In this one he was sat on a bench eating nuts! So there is more than one!! Interesting!
Y, the one I have seen was the first one Kai posted a link for.
I'd not seen the bench and nuts one until watching the 2nd link he posted above
Kai

I like the commercials, the use of peanuts was well made. It's interesting that he mentioned inplay horses and suggested a strategy for it, they probably feel that it's a market that could use more liquidity.
MemphisFlash

nobody wants to be paid in peanuts, lol.

Just seen it between the footy break
ANGELS15

I heard an audio Betfair ad a couple of days ago on the car radio. It briefly explained what the exchange was and that people could bet against an event. not sure it was a good idea to say in the ad 'you take the money off other punters when you win', although technically that happens with ordinary betting as bookies are using 'losing' money from punters to pay winners.
jimibt

hate to bring the positivity down a peg. it struck me that this series of adverts, aimed at the exchange, could well have been initiated after internal discussions across the group. it wouldn't surprise me if CERTAIN divisions have been given a mandate to gain more market share. a sink or swim operation.

targetted tv advertising is the traditional 1st rung in the ladder when trying to boost awareness/sales. as this campaign will incur a cost, it will be part of a much bigger strategy plan.

just my take, having worked at ITV in the commercial ops dept for 10 years (developer)!! ;)
bennyboy351

jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:29 am
hate to bring the positivity down a peg. it struck me that this series of adverts, aimed at the exchange, could well have been initiated after internal discussions across the group. it wouldn't surprise me if CERTAIN divisions have been given a mandate to gain more market share. a sink or swim operation.

targetted tv advertising is the traditional 1st rung in the ladder when trying to boost awareness/sales. as this campaign will incur a cost, it will be part of a much bigger strategy plan.

just my take, having worked at ITV in the commercial ops dept for 10 years (developer)!! ;)
I reckon you're on the right track. Given BF'S general attitude towards its customers, I can't see them doing anything that wouldn't make their already rich execs even richer.......

Return to “General discussion”