Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
weemac

Politics - the viewpoints that are never agreed upon, leading to the arguments that can never be won, resulting in the enmity that will never end.
Euler

weemac wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 am
Politics - the viewpoints that are never agreed upon, leading to the arguments that can never be won, resulting in the enmity that will never end.
+1
Kai

Euler wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:46 pm
weemac wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:57 am
+1
+2

Well put, everyone has the right to express themselves how they wish but I often find myself just shaking my head at most of these political discussions, it all looks a bit pointless from a foreigner perspective if you don't mind me saying so.
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 am
No. He ACTED in good faith. He MAY have been forced into an tiny, inconsequential lie after forensic examination of his every move by a media seeking to destroy him. I forgiven him that. If he'd said he went to see the castle because it was his wife's birthday you'd have all been up in arms with self-righteous indignation. It's pathetic.
Tiny?? Inconsequential??

It's a common trait for people to feel everybody's out to get them without even thinking whether they've actually done anything wrong. If he admitted going to the castle as a day out and immediately resigned, this would have all have been forgotten about by now. You seem to forget he didn't have to do either. He could have followed his own advice and stayed indoors!
superfrank

Politics is life, and how we are governed will always be hugely important.

"The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." ~ Plato
staker72

Just a point of clarity, he did not go to a castle, he went to Barnard Castle which is a market town that happens to have a Castle in it. Nothing suggests he went sightseeing at the Castle which is probabaly closed anyway
Derek27

Boris Johnson has often disappeared inexplicably, failed to attend Cobra meetings, etc. I think I've sussed him now, he's been spending his time circulating his propaganda on internet forums. :)
Derek27

EY4G4CjWoAEIz7h.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

staker72 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:17 pm
Just a point of clarity, he did not go to a castle, he went to Barnard Castle which is a market town that happens to have a Castle in it. Nothing suggests he went sightseeing at the Castle which is probabaly closed anyway
stream_img.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

:!:
greenmark

That's it. I'm clapped out. :-)
No? Oh Ok.
superfrank

Switzerland lets prostitution resume but judo and ballroom dancing still banned
https://flipboard.com/article/switzerla ... c7%2Fco.uk
Kafkaesque

Emmson wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm
As someone else already said regarding Singapore, if you've spent time in some of these Asian countries, the attitudes of respect towards fellow people and authorities are of a different nature. Mask vs Lockdown is too binary and doesn't explain anything, when the difference could just as be pointed to as something geographical/cultural.
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:25 pm
Switzerland lets prostitution resume but judo and ballroom dancing still banned
https://flipboard.com/article/switzerla ... c7%2Fco.uk
The topic of whether or not getting you leg over amounts to essential travel has already been discussed. ;)

After all, DC has been certified as a man of integrity who acts reasonably, responsibly and uses his instincts to decide what's best. What could be more reasonable and responsible than following this great man's example. :lol:
Emmson

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:39 pm
Emmson wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm
As someone else already said regarding Singapore, if you've spent time in some of these Asian countries, the attitudes of respect towards fellow people and authorities are of a different nature. Mask vs Lockdown is too binary and doesn't explain anything, when the difference could just as be pointed to as something geographical/cultural.
Face masks and the coronavirus – Masks probably slow the spread of covid-19 https://www.economist.com/science-and-t ... f-covid-19

Return to “General discussion”