Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 pm
What I struggle to understand about the initial incident and only seen bits of it but someone standing filming rather than go over and push the officer off as it looks apparent that being restrained that way is causing the victim some distress. Looting, what`s that all about?
Welcome to the social media age.

When something terrible happens people are too in shock to act but amazingly are able to pull out their phone and press record!

In this situation though you'd need to be a very brave person to take on 4 armed cops, as a human being you would hope that at least 1 of the other cops would have done something.
Derek27

Filming it was the best thing to do. It brought the crime to the attention of the world.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:10 pm
Filming it was the best thing to do. It brought the crime to the attention of the world.
100% right.

In a broader context though people are less inclined to step in and come to the aid of somebody in danger than they are to record it on their mobile phone.

And for the most part its got nothing to do with bringing it to the attention of the world, rather its rubber necking of the highest order.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:54 pm
Probably a lot of Americans who want some honesty and leadership right now
There are no Americans on this forum so don't see why we should care about their political affiliations, I think Derek and I were just trying to objectify her slightly :D
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:17 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
There are no Americans on this forum so don't see why we should care about their political affiliations, I think Derek and I were just trying to objectify her slightly :D
Shame on you :)
Jukebox

As a large proportion of young people don't cohabit with their partners and technically therefore have been locked down for months without a 'conjugal' visit, should we not expect outbreaks of violence to erupt more readily than usual?
Kafkaesque

Kai wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:17 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
I'll help :lol: Don't really know if you'd even want a piece of that? Imagine being her husband...

Hey Honey, do you think, I could be on top for a bit in bed tonight?
No. I'm in charge here.
I'd just like to try something new, so don't you think...
If you ask it twice, it doesn't make it any better of a question!

In more serious news, a second, independent autopsy on Floyd has concluded that pressure to the neck caused his death. Which the first local autopsy did not say. The second independent one also said pre-existing conditions played no part, which the local one did say. That's not going to play out well, I'm afraid :cry:
Kai

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:30 pm
In more serious news, a second, independent autopsy on Floyd has concluded that pressure to the neck caused his death. Which the first local autopsy did not say. The second independent one also said pre-existing conditions played no part, which the local one did say. That's not going to play out well, I'm afraid :cry:
We're gonna need a bigger thread :shock:
Derek27

I've just watched some of Kayleigh's other videos. She could do with a bigger wardrobe. :)
Derek27

Steven Moore, economic adviser to DT: these riots are a direct result of the lockdown, you can't keep young people locked up for 2 to 3 months and expect anything but this!!
Emmson

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:03 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 am
324 was a large figure for the latest deaths, if the next few are int he same ballpark I'm starting to have fears about what might happen with lockdown being eased.
Lockdown is/was not a cure it was simply a short term attempt to control the rate of infection. 'Herd immunity' was not a false plan and until we achieve herd immunity or find a cure/vaccination we will all eventually be infected or the virus will disappear/die out on it's own.
This line of thinking in Feb/March is why today UK has such an appalling death toll from the deadly virus. DISCREDITED!
Dallas

North East well and truly flying the flag for Covid cases per 100k population, occupying 4 of the top 5 cities and towns in England (and theres quite a difference between cases in Middlesbrough and Blackpool);

Sunderland
Gateshead
South Tyneside
Middlesbrough
Blackpool
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:26 am
North East well and truly flying the flag for Covid cases per 100k population, occupying 4 of the top 5 cities and towns in England (and theres quite a difference between cases in Middlesbrough and Blackpool);

Sunderland
Gateshead
South Tyneside
Middlesbrough
Blackpool
Postcode lottery of a different kind
Headless Chuck

Dallas wrote:

Sunderland
Gateshead
South Tyneside
Middlesbrough
Blackpool
To be fair, I live in the North East and the general health of people here is appalling. Not to mention the lack of VitD (although hopefully we've been blessed in that regards this year; until today anyway!)
Kafkaesque

Headless Chuck wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:23 am
Dallas wrote:

Sunderland
Gateshead
South Tyneside
Middlesbrough
Blackpool
To be fair, I live in the North East and the general health of people here is appalling. Not to mention the lack of VitD (although hopefully we've been blessed in that regards this year; until today anyway!)
Surely health condition has nothing to do with number of cases, and only comes into it once you do get Covid?

Edit: Actually I take that, partly, back. There may be a case to be made that areas with a higher standard of health could have the same number of cases, but more people who's in such good health that they don't feel it (enough to get checked out).

Return to “General discussion”