Why do traders not make courses/teach it?

A place to discuss anything.
tiyoun

Kai wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:31 pm
rik wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:54 pm
betfair popular in portugal, didnt know there were many pros there?
Yeah, that's why I'm often fascinated by them. The UK trading scene seems smaller in comparison but that would be very strange, idk the numbers obviously.

Rebelo has done wonders to promote sports trading and betting over there, it helped that he started studying the stock markets at the age of 17. Talk about an early start :D It helped to appeal to all the younger crowds at least. In recent years trading exploded in Brazil as well since they speak the same language. They have their fair share of scammers, some operating on a big corporate scale, but most of the bigger guys seem genuine top class traders and nice guys too. They seem to have a real sense of camaraderie amongst them, not really something you see often.

But I didn't find them myself, this forum told me about them 5 years ago. I think with my 1st post on the forum I made a thread about how I started paying PC and started doing well, wanting to keep learning about football trading but was frustrated with the rigid approaches of UK traders etc. I remember Peter and others replying and singing the praises of the Portuguese guys and recommending to check them out so I did. Always felt a bit indebted after that tbh.
Hi Kai,

Could you point me in the direction of some decent Portugese football trading content please? I have read and translated the entire Valor Esporado blog and really enjoyed it. I get the feeling there’s more out there but it’s hard to come by. Google tends to throw up the usual UK based garbage. Other than Peter’s videos, I haven’t come across anything of any value over here regarding football. I have just discovered Nettuno Trader so I’m working my way through that using translate, but any others you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.
murdok

Kai wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Could you point me in the direction of some decent Portugese football trading content please? I have read and translated the entire Valor Esporado blog and really enjoyed it. I get the feeling there’s more out there but it’s hard to come by. Google tends to throw up the usual UK based garbage. Other than Peter’s videos, I haven’t come across anything of any value over here regarding football. I have just discovered Nettuno Trader so I’m working my way through that using translate, but any others you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.
a few years ago there was a website called "abelhas " and had many courses to download

I don't know if the site still exists or not I haven't found it

boa sorte :D
Kai

tiyoun wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:30 pm
Hi there

Well done with the blog, I remember it took me like a whole week to go through it :) I actually emailed the blog author Daniel back then asking to buy the video class but he didn't want to sell it because it wasn't in English, so fair play to the guy for turning down maybe 300ish (iirc), that says it all about him I think. I would have insisted but I always end up finding stuff anyway one way or another. I did find something slightly disturbing in his videos, being an order flow trader with a penchant for detail haha, but I let it go since it's irrelevant to me anyway and he's got a cult following :mrgreen:

Like murdok says, there was a warez type of site in their language where you could have found nearly everything but I think it's dead now, it's where I found some of the stuff that interested me including that old blog video course, there was ancient Academia das Apostas conference stuff dating back to like 2009 where Rebelo and co explain order flow concepts on the ladder, while some of these concepts haven't even apparently reached most of the UK Youtubers to this day :o I think a lot of this stuff is free now on their websites. A bit later some of the PT guys shared a lot of their stuff as well, and some stuff I had to buy myself although it was all pretty much dirt cheap, a few of them were selling recorded trading sessions for like 10-20 a pop on their websites.

But something important to bear in mind with these types of materials and when you're digging through stuff, as always for most people a lot of the stuff is not actually useful, especially if someone's walking into it blindly not knowing what to expect and if some of the things feel pretty alien. Sure, it's good to expand horizons in general but if the guy in the video is utilizing all sorts of different skill sets and if the gap between your own skill sets is too big then you would need to move mountains to get anywhere close to what you're seeing. Because a lot of people often just set themselves up for disappointment, expecting to see something in a video and then expecting of reaching that level the following day, sadly it's not that simple.

Anyway, you know what I'm trying to say, none of it is the holy grail itself, it's just random dudes clicking around on the ladder doing what they do best. So obviously if my main focus is the ladder itself and ladder based skills then it makes sense for me to have a quick look at what others are doing on the ladder, sending over a tenner to see how a different order flow trader attacks the market from a different angle is a no-brainer for me and it can be priceless at times. But it can be just as useless if you're looking for the standard value based approaches.

If you want value then it's a good idea to look at Rebelo's Youtube channel, his team makes sure to include English subs to everything, his newest video diary is some of the best explained value based stuff I've seen so far. Nettuno did pop up on my radar but I'm not really into the BR scene, I don't really keep up with the PT guys, there's just far too many of them and these days I've been getting my hands dirty on different markets, but some of the names that come to mind would be Rui Maria Morgado and Theo Borges which you can easily find on Youtube. In any case you can find a dozen more through them alone if you really wanted to, but like I said it's less important how everyone else trades, the most important thing is how you want to trade. I even see Psychoff expanding into the BR/PT market with his stuff, doing a big interview for them, but sadly Bet Angel software has apparently lost the battle for that whole market since nobody there seems to use it, which is a bummer because it means you can't share much on the Bet Angel forum.

Can for sure learn a lot from the PT guys but only if you want to go in these directions anyway, otherwise I wouldn't bother really. I like them for non-trading reasons too, it's no secret, we share some of the same values and age groups, they value skill above all else and are not really interested in dick swinging contests which allows them to cooperate so much and achieve so much more than they could individually.

Because as you're probably aware black on white results are often misleading since literally anyone can pull out a legit P&L so don't be easily impressed when you're digging through stuff out there. Even the guys that are -EV can have a good week and appear world class, or arbers that won big on Betfair may appear like big winners but they've actually made peanuts from an arb which is hilarious, and so on, so my advice is to never take anything at face value, the results nearly always seem more impressive than the context behind them.

Return to “General discussion”