Is it a solitary life?

A place to discuss anything.
alexmr2

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm
I have told the story here before, where I turned down a guaranteed shag because I was more interesting in trading the Aussie Open tennis throughout the night. When you reach that point, you need to start questioning the balance.
It's very difficult to get the balance right. You can think of a "pointless" day out with your family/friends as costing you £xxx, but then think back you just missed a day out that will now never happen.

I've missed days out because I was too eager to trade, and I've taken a day off which turned out to be one of my most enjoyable days of the year.

I think it's best not to overthink it and just think it could be worse, like my old job where I was stuck inside at a desk 40 fixed hours a week. You can take days off and still earn more than most fulltime jobs at the end of the month.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
I turned down a guaranteed shag because I was more interesting in trading the Aussie Open tennis throughout the night.
Even I wouldn't turn that down for trading. :)
eightbo

as they say derek beggers cant be choosers
decomez6

"success is a solitary journey "
this journey has lead you to this forum , and you are not alone. we are all like minded :mrgreen:
without the solitary journey of one `EULER`. our destinies could be totally varied. He is a `god-sent BET ANGEL.
suggestion
SOLUTION: automation and VPS services. allows you to move around and save your eyes from the white screens.
PROBLEM: do you have a self propelling succefull strategy?
thats the main reason you spend alot of time testing and discarding.

my take: many people in this forum do not bother writting anything , but they fully share your view. some have fully working strategies (PETER does) and others are halfway there.
HOW we all wish we could have a look at his throw away,not good enough trash BIN. we could recycle some ideas and make a golden goose from a headless chicken :P
BET ANGEL is a great tool that has his footprints all over, anything you see ,is as a result of a problem he encountered trying out a certain strategy. Thats where i take my clues. and ofcourse from the distinguished members of this forum with the videos that come along with it.
decomez6

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:22 am
LeTiss wrote:
I turned down a guaranteed shag because I was more interesting in trading the Aussie Open tennis throughout the night.
Even I wouldn't turn that down for trading. :)
Wactching anna KOURNIKova :geek: analysing the data for a great LAY strategy :lol:
stueytrader

LeTiss wrote:
Yes, it is

I don't have a family life though, I am single

The biggest downside of trading for me, is that you do become very detached from outside life. If you don't watch out, it can completely consume you. This is what I admire most about Peter Webb. Forget his green screens for a second.....I think his greatest achievement is to have done this without neglecting his family commitments

I have told the story here before, where I turned down a guaranteed shag because I was more interesting in trading the Aussie Open tennis throughout the night. When you reach that point, you need to start questioning the balance.

I openly admit, I have never got the balance right. I regret that hugely
To initially ignore the refusing a shag issue (I think we've all been there at some point when tempting trading was around...) you have hit another nail on the head - family.

Trading can be solitary - but so can many jobs. The bigger difference I think is whether you have others around you at your home environment. That could be family, or even friends co-habitants etc.

I don't have a choice, the other way - missus, two kids. That can have it's own downside for trading and even having the option to be solitary - sometimes I crave it but can't have solitary time whether I want it or not!
MAGTRADEUK

On a slightly different take, how important is it to actually take a day away from trading on BF, I have a mind to take out Sundays and Mondays. There is that temptation to trade all the time, and the old FOMO, but I feel its better to have a couple of days away mainly for yourself and maybe on Mondays when markets are thin after the weekend avoid the post weekend clag. BTW, I am not full time trading, the market is always going to be here, COVID allowing, what do others think on this subject?
ShaunWhite

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:34 pm
On a slightly different take, how important is it to actually take a day away from trading on BF, I have a mind to take out Sundays and Mondays. There is that temptation to trade all the time, and the old FOMO, but I feel its better to have a couple of days away mainly for yourself and maybe on Mondays when markets are thin after the weekend avoid the post weekend clag. BTW, I am not full time trading, the market is always going to be here, COVID allowing, what do others think on this subject?
Personal choice really, that's a perk of being self employed. I used to do something or other to do with trading 7days a week for the first couple of years but now i treat it much more like a regular job and have days off. It's all fun and exciting to start with but like anything the novelty wears off and you fit it around all the other stuff you like doing more. I tend to just work Mon-Fri, days off midweek in lieu of weekend days working just don't feel the same.

Return to “General discussion”