Major Race Meetings Dates in the UK in Excel

A place to discuss anything.
Xeres

Hi All,

thought I would post this on here before I go do this manually - has anyone got an excel file with the dates of all the major UK race meetings going back any number of years?

I have all the races in my database but I don't currently have any of them flagged as being a major meeting like Royal Ascot for example.

thanks
gstar1975

Here is a link to the BHA fixtures from 2019, 2020, just click on the dropdown box on the left hand side to download.

Ive also included here the fixtures for 2016 ,2017 & 2018. The format is somewhat different but the data is there. For previous years you will have to search other websites.

As i can only add 3 files I will add the others in additional posts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gstar1975

2016 2017
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xeres

That's amazing thank you, saved me a lot of time.
gstar1975

Just type in Google "uk horse racing fixtures (Year) major meetings" and BHA will show a link, not sure how far back they go. If you find anymore please post them here as I am interested also. If I find anymore I will also post here.
gstar1975

Xeres

I checked the BHA site and I did start compiling this manually but I figured if I need it someone else probably did too and has already done the hard work :)

My models only use 2017 data onward so that's all I really need. My algo doesn't seem to do well on certain days of the week or at big meetings so I am trying to get to the bottom of it. I used to think the day of the week was just a coincidence but I'm now 20k races in and Thursday and Friday are significantly worse than the other days of the week.

Return to “General discussion”