Why is There Something Instead of Nothing?

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

Came across this following post on Twitter, could be something of nothing, but some may enjoy some pondering.

https://twitter.com/waitbutwhy/status/1 ... 53381?s=19
decomez6

:? ...... e^(iπ)+1=0..... ;)
johnsheppard

Can't something be at the same time as nothing?

What is nothing?

You can't have nothing without something? nothing defines something and vice versa...

I think that's what the Taoists would say anyway...
Anbell

I havent read this particular post, but strongly recommend all of WaitButWhy
decomez6

johnsheppard wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:39 am
Can't something be at the same time as nothing?

What is nothing?

You can't have nothing without something? nothing defines something and vice versa...

I think that's what the Taoists would say anyway...
PETER , a>k>a..`euler`. has always said "you think to have something new, only to find an old man with long white beard ,wrote about it centuries ago!"
EULER was a mathematecian/philosopher ....who answered this question beautifully.
e^(iπ)+1=0
e=exponentially compounding
i=imaginary number
π=pie ,a ratio of completeness in all directions, hence circular outcomes whenever it appears in nature.
+=movement away from your imagination.
1=you
0= infinite container that means nothing (-1) without you.

NO wonder peter likes simplicity in complexity.
one of the many reasons i joined bet angel family. :lol:
johnsheppard

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 am
PETER , a>k>a..`euler`. has always said "you think to have something new, only to find an old man with long white beard ,wrote about it centuries ago!"
EULER was a mathematecian/philosopher ....who answered this question beautifully.
e^(iπ)+1=0
i=imaginary number
π=pie ,a ratio of completeness in all directions, hence circular outcomes whenever it appears in nature.
1=you

heh well I don't claim to understand a whole lot, but I think simplicity tends to make anyone happier...I think there is a thrill to be had from complexity....but not so sure that's what makes one happy...

I think simplicity in complexity is just identification of patterns and I would think that is what the mind sees as beauty...
decomez6

johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:46 am
decomez6 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:54 am
e^(iπ)+1=0
i=imaginary number
1=you

heh well I don't claim to understand a whole lot, but I think simplicity tends to make anyone happier...I think there is a thrill to be had from complexity....but not so sure that's what makes one happy...

I think simplicity in complexity is just identification of patterns and I would think that is what the mind sees as beauty...
0 ,1 = simpilicity ON/OFF
01000100011110011000001000011000011000010000= complexity : brain NEURONS triggered many times to form neurotic pathways that result to patterns recognition.
BEAUTY S`n THE EYES of the BEHOLDER

Return to “General discussion”