Betfair P&L screen changes

A place to discuss anything.
spreadbetting

rik wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:12 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Has anyone else noticed the profit and loss screen just doesn't balance up correctly? If I download the records they add up with my own records but simply viewing them on the webpage they're out. Only seems to be the horse racing but when I downlaod the csv and simply sum the pnl column it's out of line with what the webpage is reporting for the horse racing profit.
same total for me
much difference or just cents?
Hundreds over a week but less for daily figures. Haven't been able to figure out why but I do have a lot of markets traded so maybe missing some out. But even if I miss out races I can't get it to add what they have. Are you on any PC trials?

It's annoying they've removed the page numbers from the account statement otherwise it wouldn't be too hard to check the actual balance is fine even if the bettingpnl page is duff. Trouble is I bot so many markets can't be arsed to keep pressing the 'next' button a few hundred times to check a week.

Edit: Just clicked 123 nexts to get the day's starting balance and compared with the end balance and thats all correct even if the Horseracing Betttingpnl screen is about £30 out. I can't figure it out but at least the balance seems fine.
poklius

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Has anyone else noticed the profit and loss screen just doesn't balance up correctly? If I download the records they add up with my own records but simply viewing them on the webpage they're out. Only seems to be the horse racing but when I downlaod the csv and simply sum the pnl column it's out of line with what the webpage is reporting for the horse racing profit.
mine just shows some random number everyday, i.e for today I'm +200, pl shows -3. I get my correct statements from API.
alexmr2

By removing the race type and distance they've made it much more difficult to analyse your results and see which kind of races you are winning or losing money on and measure your strike rate etc. Maybe not something that experienced traders still look at but that's a very useful tool for those that are learning now broken
Wildly

alexmr2 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:23 am
By removing the race type and distance they've made it much more difficult to analyse your results and see which kind of races you are winning or losing money on and measure your strike rate etc. Maybe not something that experienced traders still look at but that's a very useful tool for those that are learning now broken
Response from Betfair Australia at end of July was they'd already had feedback on this and asked the UK Team to reinstate these. They believed this would be done.

Anyone else pursuing this ?
ShaunWhite

PL page is just showing 1 page again for me...the total and the download seems ok and those tally.
spreadbetting

You're lucky , my account statement now shows me links for 13,000 pages and takes forever to load :) On the plus side the pages for the P&L screen now shows the right number of additional pages for everything.

You do have to wonder if someone's left as they should have the previous working code somewhere.
Untitled.png
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:31 pm
On the plus side the pages for the P&L screen now shows the right number of additional pages for everything.
Yeah I noticed that was fixed last night. We're slowely getting back to where it was, slowley.

All sorted now....clearing cookies did the job.

13 THOUSAND pages :shock: That's 3,000 markets a day unless you're seeing more than 3 months back!
And I thought I was going some with 995 pages.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
On the plus side the pages for the P&L screen now shows the right number of additional pages for everything.
Yeah I noticed that was fixed last night. We're slowely getting back to where it was, slowley.

13 THOUSAND pages :shock: That's 3,000 markets a day unless you're seeing more than 3 months back!
as SB commented previously (a few times tbh in the past). look after the PENNIES and the ££'s will look after themselves. hmmm -wonder what he means by that ;)
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 pm
spreadbetting wrote:

That's the account statement which shows 3 months pages ,of bets, Shaun.
alexmr2

Seems like the race type and distance are back
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:07 pm
That's the account statement which shows 3 months pages ,of bets, Shaun.
Errr yeah that explains it :) I thought you were talking about the PL page.

I don't think I've ever had the patience to load my bets page. I did in in Chrome once but Firefox just seems to give up.

...btw have they brought back the market id on the transaction history download file? When it vanished and you couldn't group them by market anymore I gave up using it.
Emmson

Just noticed this and never seen it before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Emmson wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:08 pm
Just noticed this and never seen it before.
Yep. it is irritating that they had perfectly working code completely cocked it up then when rolling back they still can't get it right. I think even with my limited knowledge I could write the code to show only the first 4 and last page as hyperlinks with a google search.

Return to “General discussion”