VPS hacked

A place to discuss anything.
megarain

We now change the account type from standard (local account) to Administrator

At this point, we have 2 ways to access the computer. So, u might want to reboot, before we change the Administrator name, and make sure
its working.

When u are asked for the username, enter 'Secure Username' and password.

If it doesn't work, u have done something wrong, but the old Administrator settings will still be there.
change user name to administrator privaledges 7.jpg
make changes to admin 8.jpg
Once u have checked u can access with the new account (Secure Unername), we want to change the original Administrator account name to Freddy the Fox.

The local security policies can be found by entering local security in the seach box.

Cant add picture as limited to 3 pics per post. - the picture is called security policy 10 - will have to add at end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by megarain on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
megarain

Once u are on the local security policies, look for security options and rename the Administrator name to Freddy The Fox.

security options 12.jpg
After this reboot, and try log in with the Secure Username u have created. If not, Freddy the Fox should still work.
rename admin 13.jpg
rename admin as freddy 14.jpg

Its possible stuff should be done to the account privileges, but we have something to work with
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by megarain on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
megarain

admin name changed to freddy 15.jpg
megarain

Search box at bottom left of computer screen.
local security policy 10.jpg
megarain

If u create a new log-in account, it will be a clean slate, with just Bet Angel.

Your existing settings are saved in the account you have renamed from Administrator.
megarain

One side effect of this :

When you first u get your VPS, it seems to come with 2 accounts :

Administrator

Guest.

Each Guest account has Bet Angel installed.

I never understood they are completely separate desktops. I now understand u can create multiple guest accounts, and run a different Bot on each
account, without fear of it impacting refresh .. at least that's what I am assuming.

This is pretty clever - wish someone had told me 5 yrs ago.
Vovsen

Very grateful for this, thanks a ton megarain!

I will try your tip with multiple guest users - sounds overpowered :o
megarain

Just be careful u don't get lost.

I think only the main account that was Administrator has a control panel.
Leeds1919

I'm somehow signed into windows with a microsoft account. I think its because of my Ms Office subscription.
ShaunWhite

megarain wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:26 pm
, and run a different Bot on each
account, without fear of it impacting refresh .. at least that's what I am assuming.
No matter how the logins are configured you're still only running on the one machine. The more it's doing the more chance it has of slowing down. A vps isn't much different from a user perspective to your desktop. You're just hiring the amount of memory, number of CPUs and disk space you need.
firlandsfarm

megarain wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:26 pm
One side effect of this :

When you first u get your VPS, it seems to come with 2 accounts :

Administrator

Guest.

Each Guest account has Bet Angel installed.

I never understood they are completely separate desktops. I now understand u can create multiple guest accounts, and run a different Bot on each

This is pretty clever - wish someone had told me 5 yrs ago.
Megarain could you clarify please … you say it comes with 2 accounts, Administrator and Guest and then say "Each Guest account" (implying more than one) … does that mean each time you create a Guest account BA is automatically installed? You now have me wondering if this is the case with a normal PC setup. Would active BA installs on different Windows accounts keep running when you log over to another Windows account on the PC or is that something that is VPS specific?
Euler

A VPS windows license only comes with one account by default unless you buy additional windows CAL licenses.

But of course, you need an administrator account to manage that main account so you do have two accounts in effect. But they share resources so everything, including the power of the VPS, is divided in two.

You can set up more than one account on Windows as well, but you can only switch in and out of the account to use it. So it's very different from a VPS.
megarain

Megarain could you clarify please … you say it comes with 2 accounts, Administrator and Guest and then say "Each Guest account" (implying more than one) … does that mean each time you create a Guest account BA is automatically installed? You now have me wondering if this is the case with a normal PC setup. Would active BA installs on different Windows accounts keep running when you log over to another Windows account on the PC or is that something that is VPS specific?
This is v well beyond my scope of expertise. I was going to run a shed load of bots, on multiple guest accounts and see what damage it did.

Maybe its not worth the bother.
marketraisen

I've skim read the thread a couple of times but I must have missed what VPS service OP was using? Was it the one advertised on the BA website?
megarain

Yes - but they all come with Administrator by default.

Return to “General discussion”