Using Betfair in banned country

A place to discuss anything.
Julax18

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for ages and had my first steps with trading on Betfair a few years ago with mixed success. I even used Bet Angel a few years back.

After a few years away from Betfair I wanted to start my trading adventure again as I'm older and can control my emotions better but I ran into a major and unpleasant problem.
I live in Belgium and Betfair is banned in Belgium. I thought I was clever by setting up a VPN but ran straight into the second issue.
People who living in Belgium can't even register an account on Betfair. My old Betfair account was closed because I live in Belgium.

I've contacted Betfair and they said to be "creative"....But how can you be creative when you have to proof you're address and ID and they say that you live in Belgium?

Any of you ran into the same issues? Or does anyone know how to be "creative"?

Thank you very much,
Julax18
zweistein

Go open bank account to a country where betfair is allowed on the new address...
firlandsfarm

VPS (NOT VPN). I took up a VPS and had the reverse! I thought I had the VPS in the Netherlands (an 'allowed' country) but could not get a connection to Bf and when I queried it it became apparent that although the ownership of the server and all the admin was in the Netherlands the actual conduit to the Internet was in the USA (a banned country!). So my advice would be get a VPS in the UK. :)

Return to “General discussion”