Today's Reading ...

A place to discuss anything.
firlandsfarm

Hi all, I was going to post the article that follows thinking some may find it interesting but then I thought why not a thread devoted to things to read … anything that may be of interest. We have Today's Football, Today's Horse Racing and Today's Cricket … why not a Today's Reading thread. If nothing else it will have one post, mine! :D

Anyway, I read the following article in a mag and although it did not have betting as a target I felt it applied. Not just for trading as is often talked about within the forum but all forms of betting … my 'system' activities need a very similar mental approach to winning or losing as traders do but maybe less frequently …

IMG_3436A.JPG

Some may consider not all these rules apply but they form a good starting point for any newbie. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

In support of the new thread, and because I'm reading The Idiot Brain (recommended by Peter)

rock.jpg

messup.jpg

patterns.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

so to clarify, this thread is about ARTICLES that have been read today (recently),
rather than books being read as per: Anyone read any good books? ??
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:35 am
so to clarify, this thread is about ARTICLES that have been read today (recently),
I'm not setting parameters jimibt I created the thread just on a thought for the reasons explained. I think it's best for the users to define what goes in it but my intention was to think of current articles or other snippets of betting related information that are quick, simple to read (and maybe promote discussion). As for 'Today', that can be taken either from the reader or the poster. I wasn't looking to tread on any toes of "Anyone read any good books?" which title suggests books of any genre. :)
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Or perhaps extracts of books?
wearthefoxhat

Or reading from social media..

brain.jpg
jimibt

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:57 am
jimibt wrote:
I'm not setting parameters jimibt I created the thread just on a thought for the reasons explained. I think it's best for the users to define what goes in it but my intention was to think of current articles or other snippets of betting related information that are quick, simple to read (and maybe promote discussion). As for 'Today', that can be taken either from the reader or the poster. I wasn't looking to tread on any toes of "Anyone read any good books?" which title suggests books of any genre. :)
yeah, i guess a good *of the moment* thread is pretty good. as it is indexed against betting strategies, then makes sense for it to relate 100% to that topic ;)
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:30 pm
jimibt wrote:
Or perhaps extracts of books?
could be -or, FRESH articles that may not be generally making the google rankings and thus present an advantage in getting to read them before the other 10 million.
Trader Pat

When I saw the title of the thread I thought we'd taken a turn into the religious!
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:43 pm
When I saw the title of the thread I thought we'd taken a turn into the religious!
:lol: ...that brings back old memories. Don't give CS any ideas. ;)
firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:
Money is a religion to many! :lol:
Trader Pat

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:34 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Money is a religion to many! :lol:
Amen brother!
gazuty

Do we need more than

https://www.aldaily.com/

I guess since new material is added to Arts & Letters Daily six days a week, there is after all the question of reading on the seventh day.
Derek27

This is the sort of thread, like the stuff to watch thread, where it doesn't matter what sport you're interested in, it might be worth a look.
jimibt

not totally related to trading per se, but as we all know, AI in trading is happening and MAY end up in BA at some point. here's a quick look at microsoft's revamped flight simulator using AI - pretty stunning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-53811956

Return to “General discussion”