Using dutching

A place to discuss anything.
tottyovi

Hello colleagues,

I'm quite new with the bet angel software and I have a question for you.

I used dutching, but when I wnat to gree up or to close with minus, I have n/a on tab One-Click. Basically I have to go to betfair website to make the cash out /close my position.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Dallas

From the FAQ section
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13161
LeTiss

On the edit settings section, you'll find a 'Green up Restriction' box with a tick box option for disabling the calculation. Yours is clearly ticked

The problem with unticking it, is that it will often give an untrue picture of your position

If you have backed or layed more than 1 selection, it's usually better to complete the Dutch or Book, as opposed to trying to green up as you would normally
tottyovi

Thank you, LeTiss. You were right. I changed now.

But what you are saying is basically to LAY mannually if I placed the BACK on Dutching, right? I mean, is not faster and easier to do it with Green Up? I don't want to calculate how much to LAY to be in profit.

Thanks once again!
Euler

Hedging / greening that position is incorrect. If you open a trade, then close it you can then hedge it.

But when you dutch you have a partial book, not an open position to close. It's not like a normal trade.
Derek27

tottyovi wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:42 am
Thank you, LeTiss. You were right. I changed now.

But what you are saying is basically to LAY mannually if I placed the BACK on Dutching, right? I mean, is not faster and easier to do it with Green Up? I don't want to calculate how much to LAY to be in profit.

Thanks once again!
If you lay every horse in a race to payout £2,000 but one of them gets just £1800 matched, you only need to lay that one for another £200. Greening-up will reverse what you've done and back every horse to payout £2,000 and can be quite disastrous!

Return to “General discussion”