Unable to open Bet Angel due to McAfee

A place to discuss anything.
GreyTrader

Hi All

This may help others to sort if you get the problem.

I currently use 'Trader' but did not trade today as McAfee rejected opening stating "We just stopped a virus'

After an hour of trying to solve I raised a ticket through the BA support option as follows...

Cannot load BA, Mcaffe pop up states 'We just stopped a virus'

Virus name: Real Protect-LS!3CB8188AEBCD

When McAfee has done its thing the BetAngel.exe file changes name to BetAngel.exe.config.

I have been through your listed support option, several googled pages, attempted to re-install BA (Modify and Repair) but to no avail.

Used BA from 02/07/2020 to 04/09/2020 without any issues, do you any other options?

Regards

And
y

Google can need a question asked a specific way so after several variations I found and did this to get it working and updated the ticket as below...

Hi

I believe i have solved but not sure it is safe to do so.

I added Bet Angel to the 'excluded files' in McAfee 'Real Time Scanning' and it has loaded ok.

I'm pretty sure that BA does not contain a virus as downloaded only from the BA website.

If anything else comes up as an answer I would be grateful to be informed.

Regards

Andy

If anyone has had this problem it may help but I would be interested in comments, particularly on excluding from the real time scanning option though, as I said, I'm sure BA is safe.

Thanks

Andy
freshmint

i have the same problem on my windows machine. have you found a solution?
Dallas

freshmint wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:17 am
i have the same problem on my windows machine. have you found a solution?
Please follow the Steps below

1) From the menu select 'Quarantined items'
McAfee 1.png

2) Select BetAngel.exe and press 'Restore'
McAfee 2.png

3) From the menu choose Real-Time Scanning
McAfee 3.png

4) Click 'Add File' and add C:\Program Files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel - Trader\BetAngel.exe
McAfee 4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freshmint

much appreciated. cheers!

Return to “General discussion”