Introduction to community

A place to discuss anything.
wesly22

Hello, need to PM user so have to write a post. I'm guy from Croatia in mid 30. Didn't browse forum much until now and stumbled across Jolly Green Mindset series. Seeing quality content and community decided for introduction and longer post.

After college I was having hard time finding a job and than came opportunity to work for a bookie. We worked live soccer games and soon I learned about odds and value betting.
It was fun time seeing how all odds are connected (asian bookies, pinnacle and betfair and the rest of bookies just transcribes), some fixed games. Having access to scout on lower category games have found that when game is suspended liquidity makers doesn't count that for additional time (they don't know or just don't care for few quid :D ).
I found others angels on betfair and with value betting other bookies I made my way up. Got married and we have one kid, happy days ;) .

Now seven years later things don't go that well. COVID-19 came and show that I indeed work for a ˝dark side˝ so we went separate ways. Decided I will try on my own and for now struggling. Will try make few points where things went south for me in some form of chronological order:

1. Overconfidence ( over the years I have emotions under control and never really have problems until this one )
2. Part time work (overconfidence lead me to this and less work means less +EV opportunity)
3. Bookies closing accounts (run out of family members and close friends)
4. Over the years my edge got smaller (poor work ethic, and not improving your self)
5.Capital investments (house,car means my bank have to shrink a lot )
6. Over staking (didn't do that often but I did and loosing mean all sort of emotions kick in)

Never meant that it possible to be caught in this emotional roller-coaster but life surprise you. Lately pressure was building on financial uncertainty but with wife finding a job and some money saved it should be fine. Now I am lucky that i have time to spend with kid and trying as a trader.
For last few mounts I am trading horse racing. Hope that with right attitude can make it work. Possibility of failure is also there and in that case I will have to take different road.
There is phrase in my area ˝it is easy to go from donkey to horse but hard other way˝.
It took me 2 days to write a post, in meanwhile resolved my issue so don't have to write PM :lol:

PS. Not sure is this for general discussion and what is give or take of this post :oops:

Return to “General discussion”