A place to discuss anything.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:36 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 pm
ddh wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 am

I might be able to help out here - but what would the point of this kind of bot be?
Always worth buying off a first time poster, get in whilst the value's stll there, probably be double the price in a week.
Also worth buying off somebody who doesn't know the point of it!
i must be becoming far too *gentlemanly* in my dotage - I just thought it best to not comment in any way on that one :D
jamesedwards

I was expecting some flippancy in the replies and I thought twice about posting.... then hit submit anyway. :mrgreen:
Kai

jameegray1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:36 pm
I was expecting some flippancy in the replies and I thought twice about posting.... then hit submit anyway. :mrgreen:
Should never think twice about posting.

Last edited by Kai on Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

jameegray1 wrote:
Now it's the memes. :)
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:38 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
These aren't the memes you're looking for, Derek.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
jameegray1 wrote:
meme meet kai
kai meet the meme

:D
Kai

jimibt wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jameegray1 wrote:
meme meet kai
kai meet the meme

:D
Please don't encourage me, I'll get whacked with the banstick :D
ilovepizza82

You see, thats your first mistake. You worked on automation, golden goose strategy instead of what you should have done in the first place: data mining.
Ive got one but it wont be cheap.
TraderFred

Hero in a half shell.....
MemphisFlash

1018191434-636f4b5731c205bef3bb7d1e326d7a7e.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ddh

spreadbetting wrote:
ddh wrote:
Anbell wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:54 am

I'm sure that jameegray1 can look after himself, but he wants a bot that breaks even after commission.
I might be able to help out here - but what would the point of this kind of bot be?
Always worth buying off a first time poster, get in whilst the value's stll there, probably be double the price in a week.
Haha I appreciate the healthy scepticism, I can see how this post makes me look like some kind of snake oil seller! I'll have upfront payment in Bitcoin please ;)

I run a few fully automated strategies with comfortable returns, some of which make marginal profits but can do large volumes. I've been trying to figure out if I can monetise my technology by making it available to others, but my understanding of it is that I'd have to either expose the source code (which I wouldn't want to do!) or apply for a remote gambling software licence (which would involve upfront legal costs).

This is why I came to this forum to see if there would be any potential customers :)
Crazyskier

Kai wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jameegray1 wrote:
These aren't the memes you're looking for, Derek.
Haha. Like it!

CS
spreadbetting

ddh wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 am
spreadbetting wrote:
ddh wrote:

Haha I appreciate the healthy scepticism, I can see how this post makes me look like some kind of snake oil seller! I'll have upfront payment in Bitcoin please ;)

I run a few fully automated strategies with comfortable returns, some of which make marginal profits but can do large volumes. I've been trying to figure out if I can monetise my technology by making it available to others, but my understanding of it is that I'd have to either expose the source code (which I wouldn't want to do!) or apply for a remote gambling software licence (which would involve upfront legal costs).

This is why I came to this forum to see if there would be any potential customers :)

What a stroke of luck coming the day after someone asked :D

In all seriousness if someone is betting via your strategy they'd soon be able to figure out the method by looking at the bets/times etc so hiding source code is pointless. Might find you have a lot more potential customers in the future though as things are due a shake up ;)
ddh

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:33 am
ddh wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 am
spreadbetting wrote:

What a stroke of luck coming the day after someone asked :D

In all seriousness if someone is betting via your strategy they'd soon be able to figure out the method by looking at the bets/times etc so hiding source code is pointless. Might find you have a lot more potential customers in the future though as things are due a shake up ;)
Haha yes indeed!

"things are due a shake up" - very ominous!

I disagree with your point about hiding source code being pointless. Just because someone has access to the output of a strategy doesn't mean they can replicate its behaviour - latency, predictions, risk management - reverse engineering those isn't trivial.
spreadbetting

Unless it's something quite complicated I'm pretty sure I'd be able to figure out what the strategy was from the betting history especially as you say it can handle large volumes which let's face it not too many markets on Betfair can. But it's your strategy so you'd obviously know better if you could somehow protect it or even implement it thru some app/website.

Return to “General discussion”