Nice trading quote

A place to discuss anything.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Then you get paid when you're sick, paid to have 6 weeks off, a pension, private health for you and your family, share options, maybe a car...... Then there's credit ratings, mortgages etc
& freedom?

Now yes technically trading is incredibly "restrictive"; but that's our choice to make it like that.

I'd have thought 20yr olds love being free/mobile & living off other people (whether that's friends or mum&dad); vs locked in the rat race at the earliest age possible. But maybe I'm the minority.

& to get to the £500k you have got to be a seriously good "people pleaser"; as well as being the best at the job.

-I do like this scene ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pQhIPXIqqQ
ShaunWhite

I'm just trying to point out that having a job job isn't as bad as you'd think. Nothing to be scared of, but a career is a long game. It's also handy to fall back on if the trading isn't suiting you, the opposite path is harder.

I've just noticed it's the older guys advocating jobs, that could be because
a) We've forgotten how grim it was
b) Justifying our sub optimal life choices

If you can outrun inflation the money you earn now is the most valuable you'll earn. Plus early money opens up opportunities of it's own. At 25 I think the idea of a couple of grand a week would have been too much to resist. And a hotel in Bali by 30? Mmm it's not bad actually is it ;)
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 am
I'm just trying to point out that having a job job isn't as bad as you'd think. Nothing to be scared of, but a career is a long game. It's also handy to fall back on if the trading isn't suiting you, the opposite path is harder.

If you can outrun inflation the money you earn now is the most valuable you'll earn. Plus early money opens up opportunities of it's own. At 25 I think the idea of a couple of grand a week would have been too much to resist. And a hotel in Bali by 30? Mmm it's not bad actually is it ;)
There's a goverment think tank that is advocating giving every 25 year old £10k. This would be seen as early money for that generation and give some a head start. It also suggests, one way to pay for it, is to get pensioners to pay a national insurance contribution.
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 am

Or

c) we've been there and done both.

Return to “General discussion”