Nice trading quote

A place to discuss anything.
Iron

"Although the cheetah is the fastest animal in the world and can catch any animal on the plains, it will wait until it is absolutely sure it can catch it's prey. It may hide in the bush for a week, waiting for just the right moment. It will wait for a baby antelope, and not just any baby antelope, but preferably also one that is sick or lame. Only then, when there is no chance it can lose its prey, does it attack. That, to me, is the epitome of professional trading" -

Mark Weinstein (Market Wizard)
Gunslinger

Peregrine falcon is the fastest.Has been recorded at
over 200mph.
Euler

Camouflage is useful when trading.
PeterLe

Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue :)
npatel999

My pride did not let me act. The prestige of my theory was at stake. I just kept saying this stock cannot go down any further. I did not know what I learned later, that there is no such thing as cannot in the market. Any stock can do anything.

Nicolas Darvas
Iron

Here's another nice analogy that applies to trading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlnfTGl ... r_embedded
freddy

The Early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese ;) .
Iron

"To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Charlie Munger (Warren Buffet's right hand man)
Iron

"A loss never bothers me after I take it. I forget it overnight. But being wrong - not taking the loss - that is what does damage to the pocketbook and to the soul."

Jesse Livermore
superfrank

"I’ve said it before, and I’m going to say it again, because it cannot be overemphasized: the most important change in my trading career occurred when I learned to divorce my ego from the trade. Trading is a psychological game. Most people think that they’re playing against the market, but the market doesn’t care. You’re really playing against yourself. You have to stop trying to will things to happen in order to prove that you’re right. Listen only to what the market is telling you now. Forget what you thought it was telling you five minutes ago. The sole objective of trading is not to prove you’re right, but to hear the cash register ring." ~ Martin Schwartz

"I have stated before that whenever your worst fears are not realized about a trade and the market is letting you out better than you expected, it is not just luck. Rather your position is most likely correct and should not only be held but perhaps added to." ~ Martin Schwartz

“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” ~ Michael Jordan, 5-Time NBA Most Valuable Player, 6-Time NBA Champion
Photon

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."

- John Maynard Keynes
Iron

"Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing money.

I think that if people look deeply enough into their trading patterns, they find that, on balance, including all their goals, they are really getting what they want, even though they may not understand it or want to admit it."

Ed Seykota (Market Wizard)
Iron

“Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”

Jesse Livermore
Rage88

Ferru123 wrote:"A loss never bothers me after I take it. I forget it overnight. But being wrong - not taking the loss - that is what does damage to the pocketbook and to the soul."

Jesse Livermore
I was just going to post the same quote! I love it;)

YouTube to MP3 converter

Return to “General discussion”