How to avoid the Betfair premium charge

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

If you reach higher levels of PC then you may as well churn your account with arbs up to that value in commission, the net effect will be to pay the same but with commission but that will end up reducing your premium charge any how. If you are at higher levels it will, eventually, mean that you go from 60-40% PC.

The lifetime component of the PC has never made sense to me, basically people who had an edge but lost it have no incentive to return and try again. Probably explains why liquidity is weakening.
kemabet

Oh no, I think I am in trouble now. Betfair has threatened to close my account immediately if I ever try to avoid the 60% premium charge I am under. When they took a four figure sum as punishment from my account when they were thinking I was trying to do that, "Now it should be perfectly clear for you that ..", from their email.
When I started on Betfair eleven years ago I was in big minus after ten days, but after that not many minus days in a row. But now already a long period of time I have been making minus and I am afraid that Betfair in their paranoia will now think that I have found a way to avoid the PC by playing out the money from Betfair. I don't keep so much money in my account nowadays because Betfair can rob them any time, but I would feel a little sad to be hit, closed and finished after being with Betfair so long time.
So, I really need now to do better and make plus again!!!
phartnett6

what is a betfair premium charge??
PeterLe

phartnett6 wrote:what is a betfair premium charge??
Section 7:

http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/
gazuty

:evil:
kelpie

Tax Avoidance 101. Duck taxes by parking income in another low tax zone.

Do the maths.

Nobody on earth can stop legit tax avoidance.

Will the Betfair Einstein's twig their taxation lowers their liquidity while increasing revenue in another jurisdiction? Maybe one day, but some people aren't very good at maths.
Euler

If you commission generated isn't too low, then it is possible to offset a lot of the PC.
gazuty

Yep, running just over 20%, so really nothing to worry about for a while.
pillowMan

gazuty wrote:Yep, running just over 20%, so really nothing to worry about for a while.
One decent win your sucked into the trap. I was on 22% commission generated then I had a won off big win which took my generated commission to 16%. I'm not in a situation were I can't see me ever getting out of PC unless I have an extra bad run. The only good thing to come out of Betfair recently is the PC free Rugby Union trial, as that accounts for Over a half of my activity it's some sort of compensation.
gazuty

So can I assume that I can now relax about data charges because these will be (generously) offset against PC?
Euler

No, Betfair abandoned that because of campaigning by people who didn't like traders. But API NG may solve that anyhow subject to all the issues being resolved first.
gazuty

Well the sad day arrived yesterday where I got my emails, one from Australia and one from HQ welcoming me to the world of PC. :(

You have to laugh at this part.

"Why do we do it?
The rate we charge our customers on their winnings in each market, is extremely competitive when compared to our competitors whose margins are as much as 22.5 % of all bets placed, we introduced this charge to enable us to better fund the ongoing development of our exchange platform. Betfair leads the wagering world in terms of price and service and we’re committed to consistently improving our product for our customers. "
jimrobo

wait to you get the 60% one!
Euler

The rate we charge our customers on their winnings in each market, is extremely competitive when compared to our competitors whose margins are as much as 22.5 % of all bets placed
:lol:
giulio2010

I did not manage to open an account yet, I am still waiting their investigation but, the positive thing about Betfair.it is that there is only one commission to pay. 5% of the winning bet.
The window below is all they stated about commissions, just
5 lines. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General discussion”