BETDAQ or you are dismissed!!!!!

A place to discuss anything.
LeTiss

I've just started to dabble with Betdaq to see how it goes.

One thing I have noticed though, is being able to bet on Australian markets without having to deposit money into a seperate wallet.

Why can Betdaq do this & Betfair not?
Point2Point

shaunybhoy wrote:How can you possibly say its a bit rich BetDaq advertising. It's called a business plan, any start-up business should have a clear cut method of how they are going to run the company and get it fully up and running. Without this its a totally useless task that they have ahead of them.

If they don't have the money to compete even on the smallest levels, is it a wonder its in the position it is just now.

Betfair didn't get lucky, Betfair were smart enough to be the first of its kind and therefore were always going to head in one direction, the direction of success. You really think BetDaq had a business plan of, hold on if we just start this site up (anyone could), and we have smaller fees than Betfair we will be a huge success and our main source of getting new members will be people telling others that they are not happy with Betfair charges, sorry it doesn't work like that.
Betdaq have spent a ton of money and that's the problem. They spent and not many joined so it's hard for them to go back and raise more money when the last tranche didn't generate much. It's a catch 22, if they get customers they can spend if they don't they are limited. Betfair have millions to advertise with. Betdaq is not a new business its a survivor. So many exchange have gone now only a few survive.

Betfair were not the first to market but their smart move was to buy a big competitor, Flutter. They were not profitable even then, losing money hand over fist. It was only when traded volumes picked up that this attracted bigger punters and a nice cycle began. One that hasn't been broken yet. But it's actually us that hold they key IMHO.

Betfair believe that they have the entire market to themselves and that it can't be broken because it's customers are afraid to move. That is what they are playing on. The fact that the PC stuck has meant that they are now looking to increase charges again. They view it quite simply as a them and us game.

Because traders and the like are so smart we effectively eat into Betfair's commission so they are looking to get some of that money back however necessary. While we pussy about debating whether or not to do something Betfair walked away with £300m in commissions last year up 30% or so on turnover in core markets which is pretty static.

We all have an obligation to try and make this a competitive market. Even a few quid here and there would help. That's the short end of the issue, Betfair have shown us they are happy to give us the finger when it suits them.

If Betdaq fails, we are all completely stuffed.
phoneone

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought some of the big bookies used Betfair to balance there books surely PC must affect them a lot, unless they are getting special rates
andyfuller

Bookies balancing their books will have a P&L very much like a regular punter with lots of ups and downs and therefore wont be paying the premium charge.

Great video Drifter - just backs up my point that small traders and newbies would do just as well if not better over at Betdaq - there is nothing to stop you running a copy of Bet Angel and Betdaq Angel side by side and using Betfair as your guide - as is shown in the video £50 stakes are perfectly fine and can produce okay profits.

Now all we need to do is setup a traders union and get all the Premium Charge payers to join and chuck in £5 a month so we can start our own advertising campaign in conjunction with Betdaq :lol:
LeTiss

andyfuller wrote:Bookies balancing their books will have a P&L very much like a regular punter with lots of ups and downs and therefore wont be paying the premium charge.

Great video Drifter - just backs up my point that small traders and newbies would do just as well if not better over at Betdaq - there is nothing to stop you running a copy of Bet Angel and Betdaq Angel side by side and using Betfair as your guide - as is shown in the video £50 stakes are perfectly fine and can produce okay profits.

Now all we need to do is setup a traders union and get all the Premium Charge payers to join and chuck in £5 a month so we can start our own advertising campaign in conjunction with Betdaq :lol:
Is this the idea you put to Betdaq Andy?

:D
brynley37

TheRiddler wrote:I a going to make a statement to those who dismiss BETDAQ.

If you trade to small amounts trade BETDAQ. If you're not then you do not deserve to succeed. Think about the future, it will not remain as it is now and it will never be as rosy as previous.

Those who trade larger amounts who still give BetDAQ a fair crack as well as betfair CONGRATULATIONS.

Those experienced who don't make small moves away from premium charges and the future, this thread doesn't apply because I know you're too far 'gone'.

Competition is your friend. It should also be a main point of focus no matter how large you trade. Together WE can make this happen.

Oh and good luck to all who trade and/or punt.

BETDAQ BETDAQ BETDAQ BETDAQ BETDAQ BETDAQ BETDAQ
Perhaps you could post up a screen shot of your days trading to show everyone how much someone trading the markets can earn over at betdaq, that might encourage people to try it out.

Unless you keep on about the place but don't bother trading it yourself?
TheRiddler

brynley37 wrote:

If you trade to small amounts trade BETDAQ. If you're not then you do not deserve to succeed. Think about the future, it will not remain as it is now and it will never be as rosy as previous.

Those who trade larger amounts who still give BetDAQ a fair crack as well as betfair CONGRATULATIONS.

Those experienced who don't make small moves away from premium charges and the future, this thread doesn't apply because I know you're too far 'gone'.

Competition is your friend. It should also be a main point of focus no matter how large you trade. Together WE can make this happen.

Perhaps you could post up a screen shot of your days trading to show everyone how much someone trading the markets can earn over at betdaq, that might encourage people to try it out.

cynicism. Point 2 point has made a video betfair betdaq. Why not check it out. If you don't wish to use betdaq then fine don't use it. It would not bother me too much if betdaq and betfair collapsed overnight (so long as acoounts had been emptied). And if traders need to see results before they switch then that is their problem not mine.

Thanks for your input all the same. It can only add to the debate.

Cheers.
brynley37

TheRiddler wrote:
brynley37 wrote:

cynicism. Point 2 point has made a video betfair betdaq. Why not check it out. If you don't wish to use betdaq then fine don't use it. It would not bother me too much if betdaq and betfair collapsed overnight (so long as acoounts had been emptied). And if traders need to see results before they switch then that is their problem not mine.

Thanks for your input all the same. It can only add to the debate.

Cheers.
So you don't trade it yourself then?
TheRiddler

So you don't trade it yourself then?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Yes I trade both exchanges but not to the same amount for obvious reasons.

But if people do not wish to do so then so be it.

Return to “General discussion”