Computer speed. (should I buy a new pc!?)

A place to discuss anything.
andyfuller

What response times do you gouys get? Mine are in the 100 to 200ms range. Hopefully in a month or two I will be able to try out a connection with 50ms to see if I can notice much of a difference.
rogerpalmtree

ok thanks guys for all your responses. I think the general consensus seems to be a faster internet connection would do no harm. As I said I'm currently stuck with what I've got as I rent but I was thinking maybe some mobile broadband company's might be faster that what I currently have?

With regards to a new computer I'm still not sure.... surely if I spent say 800 quid on a good system, and because of this I earnt even as little as an extra fiver a day, (through reduced slowdown on maybe one or two sets of bets), this would be worth my while, and the computer would pay for itself within a few months?? The suggestion about upgrading my current PC also seems like something I'll think about.
jimrobo

Mobile broadband gives a max speed of 400 kb/s which is a quarter of your current speed. They advertise 7.2 Mb/s but the only place you can get this is in london and thats the theoretical maximum. The actual maximum is 6.8 I think but even that is pretty much impossible. If you can't get cable then I'm afraid you're probably on the fastest internet you're going to get. A faster pc won't do anything for your trading. The bottom line is it is your broadband speed which is the main factor.

Return to “General discussion”