Betfair trading made simple - Part 3 - What type of person are you?

A place to discuss anything.
fatsam

excellent point.
CaptainMak

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 pm
Hey fatsam,

Sometimes, admitting to yourself that you have made major errors is tough, but admitting it to others can be therapeutic, as it lifts a weight of your chest

Write down every bet and trade you do - EVERYTHING!

When you are losing money, and especially chasing, it's easy to forget many of the poor decisions along the way.

Many years back, I kept a journal when things weren't going well. It was my bedtime reading - analysing all the things I did well, and all the mistakes I made. It became clear that my mistakes had a general theme, I was making the same mistakes over and again. I then embarked on a mission to retrain my brain, and stop myself from making those identified errors.

Not making mistakes is the first step to success. I was breaking even, and then making small profits. It then just all grew from there, and I have now been full-time for 8-9 years

Don't despair
Great post Le Tiss, I have noticed that all my mistakes have a similar pattern of behaviour and whilst in the moment you dont realise that your making the same mistakes over and over...

i think maybe you can be over confident as a newbie, i know i am

:?
nathanrost

Thank you for this post... I don't know who I am, but learning not to be a victim!
mcgoo

nathanrost wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:34 am
Thank you for this post... I don't know who I am, but learning not to be a victim!
I find that giving myself a swift uppercut in the morning helps :D
There is a lot in common, I think, with trading and endurance activities, martial arts, hard military training or anything that pushes one to be self analytical in the midst of pain while striving to achieve.
It occurs to me that perhaps our true nature is revealed.If this is the case, that can be a good thing but it is definitely not an easy thing..good luck.
8-)

Return to “General discussion”