Betfair trading made simple - Part 7 - How to stay calm

A place to discuss anything.
trueblue75

Just read all your posts. Brilliant and thank you for taking the time.
Crazyskier

Just thought I'd agree how much calmness and making decisions without emotion helps remove the impulsive clicking that costs so very much!

I've just had the first 3 days doing the entire racecard in profit, for the very first time.

I've put some thoughts and images here, for those interested -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11437
sandrajames

You know what brings us down in such circumstances? Our brain. Not the circumstance, not the general population.

Regardless of how sure and intense we are, and how we think we have everything necessary to experience thick and thin, our most prominent shortcoming lies in ourselves.

I have encountered how our psyche can exacerbate things. That is the reason we require somebody or feel that we ought to be with somebody who can give us the strength; however to what extent is that going to work?

What I'm attempting to state is, figure out how to have command over your brain, independent of whether you're experiencing an extreme circumstance or not. Contemplate, read books, attempt to see how even the littlest changes are handled and affected by your reasoning.

This isn't simple. I get it. However, it's justified regardless of the torment, the exertion.

Discover your controller. For me it is music.

Furthermore, remember that you've been extreme. Also, you're equipped for remaining against each obstacle with strength. It's your mind that is keeping you away from acknowledging it.
speedyhamster

Tobedotty wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:29 pm
I thought I'd add there are a lot of parrelels between trading and poker. Both are games of chance and the variance drives people nuts in both. In poker the bible of the mental game is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mental-Game-Pok ... 0615436137

The techniques in there I feel are applicable to trading so might be worth a read.
Just purchased this on amazon kindle

Return to “General discussion”