Slow Response Times

A place to discuss anything.
Westerner

Anybody else having much slower repsonse rates?

Mine has gone from 70 to 350+ on connection mode 1.

The other modes are all alot worse and make trading impossible.

This seems to have been happening only since yesterday

:(
stevefoote

mines 800+ but I do live in Australia (a long way from the server apparently). I am looking into VPS but as yet have failed to find much info on it.
MarketTrader

Mine look ok. Bouncing around between 40 - 80ms.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are not seeing anything unusual in the inbox today. Not on Virgin by any chance are you?
andyfuller

Been shocking for me on and off all day today but the problem I am certain is my end as whenever the API grinds to a halt if I try to load a normal webpage it won't load which indicates the issue my end - got the back up on standby!
mulberryhawk

Is there something wrong with Virgin betangel? I just changed over to their 50 meg service but it seems a little inconsistant. Is there something I should be aware of.....thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Users have often reported poorer connections when they are on the Virgin network, this has been on going for years. There would seem to be some generic issue with the way Virgin routes traffic to Betfair. It seems to be pretty inconsistant though.
Westerner

Not on Virgin - with Orange and to be fair they've been very good (consistently above 5mbs)

Can't figure this out - as far as I'm aware nothing has changed and speed tests are still giving me normal connection results

Tried another API software provider to see if it was Bet Angel but the connection speed I had with them was similar

Any suggestions welcomed :)
mulberryhawk

You have preety much confirmed my initial findings, The speed in my first week with virgin has been very inconsistant ranging from 50 meg to 3meg on occasions, even with the ethernet cable connection. Back to sky unlimited i think.....
MarketTrader

Well, I'm on Virgin Media cable. Have been for years. Never had a problem other than those caused by Betfair. Just upgraded from 2Mb to 10Mb and to be honest the performance has always been about the same. Around 70ms. Even when I was on 2Mb. I'm fairly certain that if I managed to upgrade to a 1,000,000Mb then the figure would probably be the same.
Krzysztof

I use only 1 Mb here in Poland and have 100-150 ms (connection mode 1). I was offered an upgrade to 2 Mb but left it as is because I haven't found a good reason for an upgrade.
phil

Not long after 2:00pm today (Saturday)pre race was like being inplay often bets were matched before showing on my screen, inplay was about normal,figures were around normal 70 - 120, changed to mode 8 and all was ok the rest of the afternoon
stevefoote

My response time is 800+ in Australia. I can only get 1.5 MB here (behind the times!). Shall I subscribe to VPS or am I just wasting time even thinking I will get a decent response time where I live and hence forget about trading until Australian races have more liquidity? My connection mode is 0.

Return to “General discussion”